Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By a tired smile
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Russian language keyboard

I cannot seem to figure out how to access international keyboards in my Nexus 7. In my Iphone, there is a key on the bottom left with a globe on it, and you can press it to switch to the Russian keyboard on the fly, and then press it again to switch back to English. Is it possible to do this on the Nexus 7?
    Thanks,
    Douglas

Not sure about the stock keyboard, but I believe SwiftKey has a Russian language option.
    Ntchwaidumela and dotism like this.

Default Re: Russian language keyboard

For the stock keyboard, go into Settings -> Language & input and select the settings icon next to Android keyboard. Select Input languages at the top of the screen. Uncheck "Use system language". In the Active Input Methods section below, leave English (US) checked, then scroll down and put a check next to Russian.

After that, a Globe button shows up next to the spacebar. Pressing it toggles between all of your selected languages

In case you aren't aware, this also works with the Google voice typing! To do this, select the "Choose input languages" option in the Google voice typing settings, then pick your languages.

Enjoy!!
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It worked! Thanks!!!

Наконец-то нашелся один знающий человек. Спасибо. Немедленно восстановил Russian Keyboard после того, как прочел Ваши указания.

И чтобы выбрать твердый знак нажать мягкий знак и держать пару секунд

Exclamation Re: Russian language keyboard

Please, help!!! I really need russian keyboard, but nothing works. I tried out many apps, I tried out your suggestion: I can choose many languages for "Google Voice Type", but only English, French and Chinese for keyboard.

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried Easy Cyrillic?