Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By matthewdlyons
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

Default Sharing My Nexus 7 Experience

Getting the Nexus 7. My road becoming a Nexus 7 owner was a trip.

Here are my First Impressions.

Google Now hasn't performed for me as well as what I've seen in videos and reviews. I did, however, see a noticeable change yesterday, and wrote a
    Google Now Update.
    Thanked by 2:
    Androhead27 likes this.

Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts

Great review. Nicely detailed with pics and video. I'm sorry the seven inch form factor doesn't appeal to you, oh well you can't please everyone. As far as typing you should try Swiftkey or Swype as they offer a better typing experience over the stock keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)
    Thanked by:

I tried swift key and it went bonkers on me. Repeating words over and over. No problems with stock.

Sent by my hookah via hashcloud.

Default Re: Sharing My Nexus 7 Experience

I've found Google Now has gotten better and better the longer I use it. I have had jellybean on my phone for a while now, and have had my N7 since launch. When I first used it, it didn't do much. Now it gives me "Places" when I'm near interesting stuff. It gives me directions to places I've searched for, without having to ask for them.

Yesterday, I took my daughter to the zoo in Syracuse. I live an hour and a half south. I searched for "Syracuse Zoo" the night before, to look at a map of the zoo to see where particular animals were. When I fired up Google Now the next morning before leaving, directions were ready to go.

I think Now will get more and more useful and functional as time goes on. It's still a very young product. Give it some time to mature, and you might find it becomes more useful.
    Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

Thanks. I'm giving the Nexus 7 some time. I just installed SwiftKey, which I use, and love, on my phone.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    4.1.1 with Sense 4+

I agree about Google Now learning as it goes. At launch, I think more than one reviewer said that it would probably take several weeks, or more, for Google Now to get accustomed to their movements. I am definitely anxious to see how it learns and gets better in the coming weeks.

Yeah, not until my phone get Jelly Bean do I think Google Now can be of any help..only so much a WiFi device can do.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE- > HTC Evo / BB Bold > Nexus S 4G