Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    1,427 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Comic Book Readers What Are You Using?

I use Perfect Viewer and while the 7" screen is a tad small, it's so sharp and clear that usually type is legible, especially compared to the Fire. The way I usually read is to flip it to Landscape mode with pages set to Fit Width and panels usually fit completely vertically. When I hit a page with a more vertical layout, it's nothing to rotate 90 degrees and see the overview.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Yes black screen,and then I have to leave the comic and go back in

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Comixology for sure!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

I started using ACV when i had an Android smart phone but on the nexus 7 its just isnt that great. Comics load in phone size and then u have to zoom in to get it full screen and text blurs when you do that. Perfect viewer seemed to work perfect for my needs.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Comixology for purchasing comics. The interface and frame-by-frame options are excellent.

Perfect Viewer is excellent for cbr/cbz. It's super fast and really crisp. It also has a nice navigation feature where you just tap once to see the rest of the page if the full height doesn't quite fit. Tons of options for configuration, resizing algorithms, etc.

I used to use ComicRack but I found that its only really good if you have it installed on your windows PC and since I have a mac and the developers havent decided to play nice with the mac users, im using Komik. Brilliant app, organises the comics well and keeps track of where you are in all of them

Did you try "Challenger comics viewer" ?
    It's a FREE comics viewer available on Android Market (no ads).
    You don't have to click to go to next page, all pages are automatically loaded.
    Try it in landscape mode, it's really awesome !

Here is a video : [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD9nwbAncBM[/YT]

Vertical scrolling is simply incredible ! I'm addict

I'm using Komik - love it! It's so clean and the "library" page is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by TemporalBeef View Post
    I use ComiXology as well, because as a life-long comic book fan, I like to support the comics community buy actually buying comics...
    Samezies.

Hi, first time poster here, I use Perfect Viewer for my 7.

And yeah, coming from an iPhone, the 7'' platform is a great size to read your books and comic books.

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

I use Perfect View, but so far only have The Walking Dead on there, I may have missed it, but someone asked about a subscription for Marvel or DC, was this ever answered? Where can you purchase comics and have them automatically loaded on the N7?

Smile Re: Comic Book Readers What Are You Using?

I found this great article that you should definitely check out. It includes all awesome comic book apps on google play ranging from indie comics, manga, webcomics, foreign comics, and your usual dc, marvel etc. for phones and tablets.

Top 15 Ultimate Comic Book Android Apps That You Ought To Check Out ~ Dominant Wire

Hope this helps

OK so I have perfect viewer and I'm probably going to get another app to compare but I'm wondering is there a way to download straight to the tablet or d have to import from a computer. Also I have a few torrents but don't know how to get them on there

Posted via Android Central App
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12