Comic Book Readers What Are You Using?

anon(680971)

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a windows PC and use Comic Rack to organize the files on my storage then sync the comics I added to a reading list to my Nexus 7. Did it with my custom rom Nook Color and it works great because it keeps track of what you read and where but ill be honest worth the money to pay but I've not yet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

alkthree87

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using ComicRack too. Great app, great syncing with the Windows program. The pay version is a bit steep at $6.99 I believe, but no complaints with the free version either. You do lose out on wireless syncing with the free one though.

Reactions: Uncle Louie

pokingmon

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I use Comixology and (since Dark Horse isn't playing nice with Comixology) the Dark Horse comic book app. They're okay. Good amount of free stuff and the quality isn't TOO bad. Trying to sync pdf's etc. to a reading list or my Kindle account has been too much trouble and everything always comes out wonky looking.

Neither of them compare to the PSP's comics app back when Sony still had the service though. Despite it being widescreen, you could customize music playlists within the app and the transitions were better due to being programmed by the content holders themselves.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I started using Perfect Viewer, im really happy with the quality of the app. My cbr files look nice and crisp and reading them on the Nexus 7 is a charm.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I use ComiXology as well, because as a life-long comic book fan, I like to support the comics community buy actually buying comics...

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
+1 for ComicRack; I liked the free version so much that I bought the paid one. I use it almost daily.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I use ComiXology as well, because as a life-long comic book fan, I like to support the comics community buy actually buying comics...

I actually still have a pull at my local comic book store, ive been reading comics since the early 90`s(mostly batman related). Ive become more of a collector so i tend to bag my comics and never actually read them. So to me a cbr read is perfect, i can purchase my comics, tuck them safetly away and then read them on my nexus 7.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
+1 good sir

On another note, I've yet to get a Nexus 7. Is the 7" screen a bit smallish, just right, or perfect for reading books, magazines, comics? Anyone?

Kinda small. Full splash pages or spreads that contain text is kinda rough, but you can still zoom in to read it, then zoom out to get the full experience. I usually go panel to panel zoomed in for the most part.

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I like the size I read naruto, bleach and walking dead on it though need to zoom sometimes but not often. I have a touchpad with cm9 and do like it a little better for comics the portability is a bigger positive so I prefer nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Lphie

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
While I'm not a follower of current comics, I use the Kindle app and read the collections of comics from the Amazon store. Current reading Y: The Last Man and The Dark Knight Returns.

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I use comixology,but it's not playing nice with jellybean,contacted customer support, they say they are working on it:rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

codemonkey85

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

To be fair, there are some free comics that one could obtain and conceivably want to read on their tablet. For example, I used to be a big fan of the webcomic 8-Bit Theater, and I have a .cbz now of their entire series.

More on topic, I personally use ComiXology for all of my comic purchases. You get pretty much full page view on a tablet, and as an added bonus, guided view is great if you switch to your phone (and all purchases are synced across platforms / devices).

GPSninja7734

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I use Komik that i found off the internet when I got my transformer. It is free and optimized for tablets. Which is important to me cause that was one of the reasons I got a tablet was because I wanted to read my comics

slashy42

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Another vote for perfect viewer. I don't have any complaints. Its fairly simple to use.

Also I have used the play app as I have some comics I purchased during a sale, and its pretty. The page flips are a really nice touch.