1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Network Issues with Nexus 7

I have a d link dir 615 router, and it keeps going down every 20 mins when Im on my Nexus 7. Its the only thing that makes my network go down. Its a pain in the *** to say the least. Anyone else having the same issue with their 7, and or router?

Default Re: Network Issues with Nexus 7

Same here (same router too). I made sure I updated the firmware for the version I had, but it's so annoying. Had no problems with my router until I started using my Nexus with it. It's not 20 minutes every time, but there are constant disconnects throughout the day when it's connected. Today is the first day I really haven't had the problem & I haven't changed anything.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

I've been having some issues with my network where I'll remain connected to wifi, but (as far as I can tell) lose the ability to actually ping anything both internally and externally, even directly by IP. Other systems on the network will continue to work correctly. Running a Linksys E4200v2 for wifi with a Motorola DSL router (that just acts as a switch/gateway) and DHCP/DNS running on a Windows Home Server.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph_Wiggum View Post
    I have a d link dir 615 router, and it keeps going down every 20 mins when Im on my Nexus 7. Its the only thing that makes my network go down. Its a pain in the *** to say the least. Anyone else having the same issue with their 7, and or router?
    Yes, I had the same problem with my Nexus 7 crashing a dlink router. I was using WPA2 encryption with TKIP. Change it from TKIP to AES in the router settings. That fixed the problem for me.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by iamameatpopsicle View Post
    Yes, I had the same problem with my Nexus 7 crashing a dlink router. I was using WPA2 encryption with TKIP. Change it from TKIP to AES in the router settings. That fixed the problem for me.
    Things were looking up, I almost thought it worked but at least it stayed up for 2 hrs this time. Thank you for your input though.