Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default MYSMS without WiFi?

I using mysms app on my tablet for couple hours and have few questions. Does app only work through your tablet through WiFi or Mobile Data? Could you use the app with only bluetooth connection to your phone? Can you connect your phone and tablet though NFC chip? Will app work with a NFC connection?

I can't seem to find this information on mysms app page in play store or their own webpage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

Default Re: MYSMS without WiFi?

I use it. You need internet connection to use it. Since the n7 doesn't have cellular radios , you can only use WiFi , but if you can tether using Bluetooth it might work. I haven't tried. But NFC , no that's for transferring files and stuff. (Mobile payments as well)
    Privacy is overrated :P

Default Re: MYSMS without WiFi?

I been using Go SMS combined with Tablet Talk over WIFI and BT.
    It works very well.
    Its not MYSMS but it is an option.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Still wondering if you can use Bluetooth? My TB and N7 will pair up but not connect for me to see if mysmy will work on the N7 without WiFi. Anyone else tried bluetooth?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______