area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help me with FoxFi, I'm very confused on how to set this up properly without being charged on my phone. AT&T Skyrocket if that helps. I'm sure others are curious so I have posted it in the N7 section. Do I need anything on my N7 for it to work right?

jnrtwum

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
You need padnet tablet version on your tablet and foxfi on your phone. Open padnet and select configure.. Choice phone type whether over bluetooth or wifi. Set the necessary configurations on your phone as well on fox fi, either by bluetooth (set discoverable) or wifi hotspot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

RCicale

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I just start foxfi on my Droid Bionic, click on mobile hotspot and my N7 finds it as an available wireless network, connect and I'm on.

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
And you guys aren't getting charged, correct? I'm deathly afraid of getting charged extra and having my mother yell at me.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
And you guys aren't getting charged, correct? I'm deathly afraid of getting charged extra and having my mother yell at me.

I've been tethering from at&t every day for a couple years. I usually use 20-25 gigs a month. Every month they send me an email that they're going to throttle my speed, but that's it. And the throttles speed is pretty decent too, usually 600 to 1000 kbs.

area223

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been tethering from at&t every day for a couple years. I usually use 20-25 gigs a month. Every month they send me an email that they're going to throttle my speed, but that's it. And the throttles speed is pretty decent too, usually 600 to 1000 kbs.

Well I have 200MBs, go figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Meeh

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
How were you able to get foxfi on att? When I looked for it on the play store, it came back saying that my carrier (att also) didn't allow it.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
How were you able to get foxfi on att? When I looked for it on the play store, it came back saying that my carrier (att also) didn't allow it.

Go to Foxfi's website and download the apk.

Hopsain

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I installed foxfi on my phone and Planet on my tablet. I configured & connected to my phone yet I get no signal. What gives?

RCicale

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not so sure you need pdanet on the N7. I know I don't. I have a Bionic phone (Verizon) with Foxfi on it. I turn Foxfi on on my phone, click on ACTIVATE MOBILE HOTSPOT. Once that is activated I go on the wireless settings on my N7 and it sees the mobile hotspot as a wireless network. I connect and the N7 has its internet connection.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not so sure you need pdanet on the N7. I know I don't. I have a Bionic phone (Verizon) with Foxfi on it. I turn Foxfi on on my phone, click on ACTIVATE MOBILE HOTSPOT. Once that is activated I go on the wireless settings on my N7 and it sees the mobile hotspot as a wireless network. I connect and the N7 has its internet connection.

Same here, I have PDAnet & FoxFI on my Razr, and do not have either on the tablet, and it works perfectly.

I should also note, I have the grandfathered unlimited data with Verizon, and FoxFi is a super handy tool for my computer repair business. The other day I was doing a new computer setup, including installing antivirus, and the customer had a 250kb/s connection, and it was having issues, so it was even slower than that. We recently got 4g coverage, and at the time I was getting 15-20mb/s on my phone. Saved me a lot of sitting & staring at a screen while it downloaded updates for windows & antivirus. :D

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
All you need is one app: FoxFi on the phone.

My Phone: Droid Charge on Verizon.
My Tablet: Nexus 7.

Works perfectly over WIFI (I have not tried bluetooth).

Hopsain

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have tried everything, literally. My N7 just will not connect to my HTC Rezounds hotspot. When I turn FoxFi on, my N7 recognizes the network & shows that is has good connection but it just will not connect fully. I have tried this with & without PDAnet. Any ideas?

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Have Galaxy GIII and we downloaded last night and see 's the network on G7 but wont connect.

TMO 2g data which blocks hot spot..any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair