Best games for the nexus 7

ranchlizard

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I prefer board game implementations, such as Androminion/Dominion Shuffle and Condado. Both are excellent and free. I wish we could get Le Havre and Puerto Rico and Tigris & Euphrates in Google Play.

lobstahs

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The games I've been playing most (and in the order of which I like the most) are:

Zen Pinball THD: You get one table for free and extras are $2 a piece. The Marvel tables are excellent with Wolverine being my favorite and Thor being my least favorite.

Ozmos HD: Really neat game with a cool atmosphere. There's a demo for you to try first.

Game Developer Story: It's not optimized for tablet play or anything, but I still lost a day of my life playing it.

Minecraft PE: I haven't been playing this one as much just because I have the full version on my Xbox, but it will be seeing good use when I go out of town this weekend.

GTA III: Plays surprisingly well with touch control.

World of Goo: Really cool puzzle game and has great atmosphere.

Great Little War Game: Fun little real time strategy ish game. Has some decent humor and later levels are pretty challenging.

And last, Stupid Zombies. It's like Angry Birds but with zombies, and I'm pretty sure that it's free.

I tried to suggest mostly stuff that people haven't already mentioned.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Angry birds space HD. Samurai vs zombies defense.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Sesami

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget the SNES emulator! You can hook up a Wii/PS3/Xbox controller to play with it (I think). I've been revisiting some old school RPGs that I used to love.

Also, I mentioned this game on an earlier post, but I know no one will really check it out without a good description.

Gem Miner 2 - It's $2 on the app store, so far I really like it. It's similarish to Terraria (if you're familiar with that game), you play a miner and you can dig underground, make tunnels, and find ore to sell and upgrade your gear. Each mission has a different set of goals for you to complete (obtain X amount of gems, save people, save X amount of money, find way out). Sounds pretty basic but try the Gem Miner free edition, and if you like that one, Gem Miner 2 paid version is similar but better.

The Island: Castaway - Similar to those stand alone Sims story games and has a "Lost" theme to it (the show). This one is free until a few levels in, then you have to pay to continue. You go around and collect fruits, do quests, explore, cook, and there is a story line. Very fun!

Bakery/Restaurant Story - Not sure if this for everyone but I like it to kill time. It's free and it's basically kind of like a bakery/restaurant version of Farmville but cuter and more to do.

Check it out.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ski Safari is a blast on either Andoid or ios. You have to outrun an avalanche and achieve objectives while doing so. You'll ride Penguin's, Yeti's , Wolves, Eagles, and Snowmobiles. A better version of "Tiny Wings"

Its a blast and looks great on the N7. Work's just as well on my GN. .99 gets you the App for both....The music is especially well done.:)

Last edited:

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
GT3 has no sound!!!
My GTA III on N7 has every sound clip from music to NPC chatter to cut-scenes just like the PS2 game had. Go to your apps under settings, click on GTA III, clear game data then uninstall. Reinstall and hopefully it'll work for you this time.

Not sure if you're running a custom ROM or not, as that may or may not be the issue (I am on Google stock ROM).

And to everyone else: Some interesting choices from games I've never heard about I will definitely look into some demos and go from there. :)

sixstring2012

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought Shadowgun, Nova 3, Dead Space, Dead Trigger, and Mass Effect Infiltrator. Very impressive graphics on all of them I think. By the way I have the 8g model and these take up most of the space :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Chillidog66

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Mass Effect Infiltrater is really fun, also get some emulators and you can play most console games before the Nintendo 64 (the Nintendo 64 works) and you can get roms for free on coolrom.com.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Treesham

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
and in a related note, i see people talking about these "credits" in the Google Play store. is there something i missed where i should gave gotten this credit?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It was a promotion that ended at the end of September, I think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

swishy250

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
My favorites are:World of Goo, Dead Trigger, N.O.V.A 3, Minecraft PE, Anomaly Warzone, Eufloria HD, Osmos HD, Dead Space, Contract Killer 1 and 2, and Strike fleet Omega. That's my list. :)

Sent from my unrooted Gnexus using Tapatalk 2

OckhamsFolly

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, it won't help you spend any credit, but I'd recommend Nethack. Free app, old game. Fairly complex roguelike, and it's great on the tablet vs. the phone.

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded Hero's Call (free) and it's a pretty nice game so far... Graphics are awesome on my N7. If you like Diablo style games then get hero's call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC