Should I trade my HP Touchpad in for a Nexus 7?

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just kept my TouchPad. It's kinda nice to have access to two different screen sizes. Plus, I like webOS too much to give it up completely.

Me too, I love the USA Today app which hasn't been updated for Jellybean.
I miss the bigger screen but love having more apps.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The touchpad with ICS is wonderful nd not to hard to do..its great for a home daily tablet but the nexus 7 is great for on the go..I rarely take the touchpad out of the house.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have not touched my tp since getting my 7. Weight and stability alone are worth abandoning the tp.

I now have one for sale;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nmoira

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
If I had a choice between a Touchpad and a N7 now, I'd take the N7. However,I already have the TP, and I'm holding on to it until at least the holiday season. I purchased an N7 for each of my girls, but as much as I like the N7 (and there is little not to like), I'd rather have something bigger for myself, with more on board storage and with HDMI (or equivalent) output. A rear-facing camera would be nice, but isn't a deal-breaker for me.

Ideally I'd like something with a WACOM style pen a la the Galaxy Note, but I also would prefer a "purer" Android experience than Samsung provides. I want to see what offerings ASUS has in the pipe.

ETA: I am running CM on the TP. The implementation of WebOS wasn't even half baked. The browser in particular was dreadful.

Sent from my GS3.

Last edited:

Canyon149

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
As a former Palm Pre owner, I can say WebOS is awesome. I wanted a TouchPad so bad but didn't learn about the sale in time.

I would keep it

Sent from my Nexus 7

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I sold my 16gb TP for $180 a few months ago and I have a Nexus 7 now. I think the screen looks much better on the N7 and I love how light and portable it is. I'm sure you know by now that the lack of memory would be the only thing that would hold me back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

LHKJohn

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Keep the Touchpad since you already have it. ICS is super stable on it now and after messing with the N7, it's not much better IMO than what you already have. Plus the loss in screen real estate would suck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with what many of the other posters have said already. I think you should keep your touchpad and buy and nexus 7. Worst come to worst, if you get it from a retailer you usually have 2 weeks to return it. Give it a shot and if you don't like it.....give it to me for free. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

kieranmullen

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
What is the advantage dropbox has over say google drive? I only signed up for the 20Gb at $5 a year I should have signed up for larger but I was going cheap. :-( Oh well I am grandfathered in.

As for the 25gbs of movies.... yeah I dunno. Not that kind of device I guess. I don't see myself having a problem with storage but you might be dffernt. There's always Google drive and dropbox,

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Dropbox is easier to get free storage from. I got about 17 gb for free just from referring friends.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kieranmullen

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Are those referrals all paying clients? It not it sounds like the US government at work. Not a good long term strategy since they lease their space from Amazon storage. So how long before Amazon competes directly?

Edit they do... https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.h...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2049627

Amazon = 100GB for $50 a year Dropbox
Google = $60 a year (Billed monthly)
Dropbox $100 a year

Since dropbox only offers large plans they are also planning on everyone not using their space. If you want to get to better pricing it is easy to use Amazon S3 Cloud storage or Google's storage with the Cloudberry Labs Apps, but again Amazon beats them on pricing. I would like to use Google more for storage but their pricing is not the best.

Dropbox is easier to get free storage from. I got about 17 gb for free just from referring friends.

Last edited:

Beacio_mo

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Gotta say though, the best part of owning the Touchpad was the free 50GB account lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

djhgdfkg

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
you can go to Ausu store to test the Nexu7, then i think you can make the desicion. maybe i think u do not need to buy another one any more, you've already got one, i think it is just ok, you do not need to pay too much money on it.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As a former Palm Pre owner, I can say WebOS is awesome. I wanted a TouchPad so bad but didn't learn about the sale in time.

I would keep it

Sent from my Nexus 7

There are no new apps or anything being developed for it. No point in keeping it. I sold mine for about what I paid for it.

TimboSliceSliceBaby

May 28, 2010
Visit site
FYI, I ordered a Nexus 7 today. My TP will be up on ebay as soon as it arrives. I just can't handle the random reboots, meh performance, and the fact that no matter how hard I try, Android feels...unnatural on the TP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums