washout / ghosting went away

bo32792

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I posted that my N7 worked great for 13 days then I put it down for a minute and when I woke it back up, the screen was washed with bad ghosting. I called GameStop to get things inline for exchange since all of the N7's are backordered. I've been using my N7 in the meantime - takes 5-25 minutes for the screen to clear up the washout and ghosting. Of course when you put it to sleep for any length of time...back to washout / ghosting. Last night I downloaded a few apps to check out. I figured I was going to reset to tablet anyway to return when the replacement came in. Anyway the battery ran all the way brown until it shut the tablet off automatically. I hooked it up to the charger for the night. This morning turned on the N7 and the screen was perfect - no washout or ghosting. Tried putting screen to sleep a few times and turning back on had no problems. I'll try it out for a few days and see if this "fixed" the screen problem. Now I'm wondering whether to return and take a chance on getting one with worse problems.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm having ghosting issues as well, though they are quite minor - one as to really stare at the screen up close to see the issue at hand.

I have cycled the battery as well a couple of times. Perhaps It helps

bo32792

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess I was too hopeful The tablet now after power is off for awhile opens to a perfect screen. But when it stays on and you put it to sleep and wake it up again its back to the washout. I'll just wait for the replacement.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess I was too hopeful The tablet now after power is off for awhile opens to a perfect screen. But when it stays on and you put it to sleep and wake it up again its back to the washout. I'll just wait for the replacement.

Ouch. Sorry about that. I went through 3 nexi till it functioned properly..... original motorola droid. Only 5..... Google needs to step up quality control.

RestlessDroid

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I posted that my N7 worked great for 13 days then I put it down for a minute and when I woke it back up, the screen was washed with bad ghosting. I called GameStop to get things inline for exchange since all of the N7's are backordered. I've been using my N7 in the meantime - takes 5-25 minutes for the screen to clear up the washout and ghosting. Of course when you put it to sleep for any length of time...back to washout / ghosting. Last night I downloaded a few apps to check out. I figured I was going to reset to tablet anyway to return when the replacement came in. Anyway the battery ran all the way brown until it shut the tablet off automatically. I hooked it up to the charger for the night. This morning turned on the N7 and the screen was perfect - no washout or ghosting. Tried putting screen to sleep a few times and turning back on had no problems. I'll try it out for a few days and see if this "fixed" the screen problem. Now I'm wondering whether to return and take a chance on getting one with worse problems.

That's interesting that killing the battery seems to have fixed your problem. I recently sent my first N7 back because of this problem and got the replacement yesterday. I didn't try your "fix" though. Luckily I haven't had an issue yet with the new one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bo32792

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this was a fix now. This tablet...Just when I think I've got it figured out. It does something different. Now its pretty consistent if I leave the screen on it clears up in about 10 to 20 minutes. When I shut the screen off it reverts back to washout when its back on. Worse the longer the screen is off.

mark@laura.org

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My display has been perfect for weeks until today (16g from play store first wave, not rooted). Suddenly I'm having the same problem - washed out and ghosting when turned on (or wake up), gets better over 5-20 minutes. I suspect a software problem.

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 7's and the first on e was perfect andthe second one had it bad!! So today I just couldn't take it anymore and I swapped it out and his one is perfect. I wouldn't settle unless your COMPLETELY satisfied.

bo32792

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Just because you don't pay $500 + for a tablet shouldn't mean that you have to accept problems. Besides $200-$250 isn't chump change. The product should work as advertised. If not, well expect returns.

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Just because you don't pay $500 + for a tablet shouldn't mean that you have to accept problems. Besides $200-$250 isn't chump change. The product should work as advertised. If not, well expect returns.
Exactly, I had to flash the stoch ROM back in and relock the boot loader so that's a lot of work in itself but well worth it. I'm back up and going just like I was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki