1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to restore from from cloud?

Hopefully, someone can help me here. I had the Nexus set up so that it backs up all the settings for all my installed apps and device settings to the cloud. I had to trade mine in and get another one. How do I get all the settings back? I thought it was supposed to be automatic but so far nothing. I installed a couple of apps and they are all brand new, all of my settings are not coming back. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work? Maybe the backup and restore feature only works for Google apps?

Also, does anyone know how to find a list of all the apps I had installed so i can re-install them easily instead of having to search for them in the marketplace one by one?

thanks

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Default Re: How to restore from from cloud?

Quote Originally Posted by Jp5Cj2FGK2 View Post
    Hopefully, someone can help me here. I had the Nexus set up so that it backs up all the settings for all my installed apps and device settings to the cloud. I had to trade mine in and get another one. How do I get all the settings back? I thought it was supposed to be automatic but so far nothing. I installed a couple of apps and they are all brand new, all of my settings are not coming back. Does anyone know how this is supposed to work? Maybe the backup and restore feature only works for Google apps?

Also, does anyone know how to find a list of all the apps I had installed so i can re-install them easily instead of having to search for them in the marketplace one by one?

thanks
    When you go to the google play store, you should have 2 tabs, one showing installed, and the other showing all.

Ice
    Thanked by:

Jp5Cj2FGK2, let us know if your app's settings are retained once you get them installed again.

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

When setting up your new device, you would have see a checkbox to backup and restore as you were going through the setup wizard. If that was checked, it should have restored everything you had backed up.

Also, go into Settings --> Backup & Reset and make sure your device is set to backup.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sorry to report that none of the settings for my apps were restored

I do see that I have two registered devices in Google Play (website) so maybe I am missing a step. I'll keep playing around and see but I don't have much hope.

Oh, and Ice, I thought you were referring to the Google Play website when you were talking about the tabs. For those who don't know, what you do is launch the Google Play app on the Nexus. Then up at the top, next to the search icon (the magnifying glass) there should be a down arrow with an underline icon. If you press the arrow icon, you will see the list of installed apps, then if you swipe to the left you will see all the apps you have downloaded and can easily reinstall from there. You can also reinstall all your apps from the website. It doesn't immediately install them but it is the fastest way to select which apps you want to reinstall. Basically batch install. If you use the app, you can only select one app to install then wait for it to install before you move on to the next one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2