Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Closing all tabs in Chrome

On the mobile Chrome browser, how can I quickly close all open tabs (one or two clicks) ?

Default Re: Closing all tabs in Chrome

A Google search reveals that it cannot be done in this revision, and likely it will later. FYI, the Dolphin Browser is an excellent alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by betachains View Post
    On the mobile Chrome browser, how can I quickly close all open tabs (one or two clicks) ?
    click the square on the top right. on the menu there is close all tab option.
    Illustrator Joe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbarr View Post
    A Google search reveals that it cannot be done in this revision, and likely it will later. FYI, the Dolphin Browser is an excellent alternative.
    sorry, you are wrong.. it can be done... see my post above.

How can you re open a closed tab?

Quote Originally Posted by kieranmullen View Post
    How can you re open a closed tab?
    when on the new tab page there is three icons there "Most Visited","Bookmark" and "Other devices"

Go to "Most Visited" (6 rectangles in two lines). scroll down you will see recently closed tabs.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Really? Can you post a screenshot of that menu? I am not seeing it...

Just to be clear, we're talking about Chrome on the N7...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by OldDogEyes View Post
    Really? Can you post a screenshot of that menu? I am not seeing it...

Just to be clear, we're talking about Chrome on the N7...

seems like its only available in phone. I checked my Nexus phone it was there and thought it should be available in Nexus 7.

will go home and try it out with the tab.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

seems like its only available in phone. I checked my Nexus phone it was there and thought it should be available in Nexus 7.

will go home and try it out with the tab.
    Yes you should try it on the Nexus 7.

Why are you posting completely wrong info without even doing the minimum preliminary task of actually testing on the device in question?
    bigbert1 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

when on the new tab page there is three icons there "Most Visited","Bookmark" and "Other devices"

Go to "Most Visited" (6 rectangles in two lines). scroll down you will see recently closed tabs.
    There is not.

Welcome to the Internet.

Yes you should try it on the Nexus 7.

Why are you posting completely wrong info without even doing the minimum preliminary task of actually testing on the device in question?

sorry, you are wrong.. it can be done... see my post above.
    Currently, this DEFINITELY cannot be done on the Nexus 7. Your assumption was a simple misunderstanding--no harm, no foul.

There is not.
    There is on mine.

Reopen a closed tab
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5a3bpVxKZ8[/YT]

on a galaxy note. From sweden, so sry its on swedish

klick the two boxes in the right corner, then the menu button and the third choice should be close all tabs :-D

Best regards enRödjävel
    Last edited by enRödjävel; 09-12-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: missed some instructions

Press the square in the top right corner to expand all of your open tabs then press the icon with the three dots and select close all tabs from the drop down menu.

Quote Originally Posted by mytsrplx View Post
    Press the square in the top right corner to expand all of your open tabs then press the icon with the three dots and select close all tabs from the drop down menu.
    Closing all tabs in Chrome-uploadfromtaptalk1352104124459.jpg

What?

MJKearney likes this.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Sadly I have learned that with Google just because a function/feature exists on one platform doesn't guarantee that it exists on a different platform..

If anyone knows of a website/blog/forum thread where someone is tracking all of the various inconsistencies across Google Products/Apps, I would love to know about it. I have tried searching but haven't found the right search terms to uncover such a site...

I think that this is one of the major differences between Google and Apple. I am sure that one of the major reasons for this is the core Google approach to building stuff: build/release/build

That type of approach is counter to design consistency...
    Thanked by:
    fwd079 
    cdf3 and fwd079 like this.

Omg thank you so much. I found out that i have 52 tabs open lol

it seems that the only way to do it is to start tapping on the tab furthest to the left. when you tap on other tabs, especially the one furthest to the right, new tabs are added more often than tabs are closed

I just got the 2013 Nexus 7. When Chrome launches it opens 50 or more blank tabs. How can I keep this from happening, and close multiple tabs quickly?
    Tried all of the above suggestions ... Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by DeborahT2 View Post
    I just got the 2013 Nexus 7. When Chrome launches it opens 50 or more blank tabs. How can I keep this from happening, and close multiple tabs quickly?
    Tried all of the above suggestions ... Thx.
    Welcome to Android Central! Did this happen from the start, or did you have an issue with accidentally opening a bunch of blank tabs while trying to close the previous tab? If you opened all of those tabs, Chrome remembers that, and so each time you open Chrome, it will open all of those tabs again.

Go to Settings/Apps/All, select Chrome, then Clear Cache, then Force Stop. Now open Chrome again. If the problem recurs, I wonder if there's some sort of malware on the device, in which case you should install a good antivirus app like Lookout and run a scan.

Posted via Android Central App

This did not work. This is a brand new tablet. I ran AVG anti virus, which found nothing. After I cleared the Chrome cache , and touched forced stop. I went back to Chrome and ther are over 100 tabs open. Would installing the toolbar help?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast