1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Viewing PDF college text books?

How is this tablet for viewing PDF college text books? that will be my main purpose for the nexus.

ps. what is the best PDF reader?

I tried reading a PDF on a floor model nexus 7 at my electronics store and honestly scrolling was laggy. are there other PDF readers that will eliminate this scrolling lag?

thanks!

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Re: Viewing PDF college text books?

I like the e-pdf reader and the repligo reader, they seem to work good for the books I use for my schooling. I tried adobe and didn't like it.. to much lag, but these other 2 readers are awesome. They have highlighting, underling, and note taking.
    Last edited by JDay2012; 08-02-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: a few features
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by JDay2012 View Post
    I like the e-pdf reader and the repligo reader, they seem to work good for the books I use for my schooling. I tried adobe and didn't like it.. to much lag, but these other 2 readers are awesome. They have highlighting, underling, and note taking.
    overall, is it good enough to read college text books on enjoyably?

I have a couple big PDFs on mine - mostly UL standards. They are about the size of a college text at about 400-500 pages. They work well in the Kindle bookreader.

Quote Originally Posted by kingneptune117 View Post
    How is this tablet for viewing PDF college text books? that will be my main purpose for the nexus.

I tried reading a PDF on a floor model nexus 7 at my electronics store and honestly scrolling was laggy. are there other PDF readers that will eliminate this scrolling lag?

thanks!
    I'll be using my N7 to read a biochemistry book this semester. Smoothest reader I've found so far is ezPDF.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Does ezpdf scroll Vertically, or page turn like kindle?

+1 for ezpdf reader....pages animate when turned yes and not sure what vertical scrolling feature they make just download it and have a look

Quote Originally Posted by kingneptune117 View Post

thanks!
    qPDF Viewer is a free PDF reader that hit 100,000 on Google Play and has great reviews. You can download it .
    Last edited by QoppaSusan; 09-25-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: moving the link, so the app name is visible to all.

anyone know a good way to view .chf files?
    Thanked by:

Being college can be very expensive not just on tuition but also on your books. Its good to know that there are some choices that we can have on buying or renting. Amazon used to only do that for the Kindle, but now extends to hard copies.

Being college can be very expensive not just on tuition but also on your books. Its good to know that there are some choices that we can have on buying or renting. Amazon used to only do that for the Kindle, but now Amazon textbook rental extends to hard copies.