first time "signing in" taking forever

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I just unboxed my new nexus and after connecting to my wifi and entering my gmail info nothing has happened. on the screen it says "signing in...this can take a few minutes", but should it be taking 20-30 minutes? that doesn't seem right at all. any help would be appreciated.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
i'm definitely connect to wi-fi, with excellent signal strength, and i still can't sign in with my account OR when i try and create a new one. this is fairly frustrating.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I was told if you don't have Wi-Fi signal it will not let you go past the Google sign up page.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I just unboxed my new nexus and after connecting to my wifi and entering my gmail info nothing has happened. on the screen it says "signing in...this can take a few minutes", but should it be taking 20-30 minutes? that doesn't seem right at all. any help would be appreciated.

Wow that is crazy it took you that long, I got my tablet Friday and it took me less than five minutes to get signed into gmail and get up and running, I did a full charge after that but I checked out device to make sure no screen separations or anything. Got mine from GameStop.

magicrat21

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I just had to return my Nexus 7, but that's another story.........anyway one of the problems I had and solved might be happening to you. I had 2-step verification set up on my gmail and could not get my N7 to connect. I took that 2-step verify off and it connected. Hope this helps.

mcking1969

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have had my N7 since July 20th and to this day the notification bar displays the chrome icon and the words "chrome sync: password required." In all other regards the tablet works fine, but I am unable to clear that notification.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just had to return my Nexus 7, but that's another story.........anyway one of the problems I had and solved might be happening to you. I had 2-step verification set up on my gmail and could not get my N7 to connect. I took that 2-step verify off and it connected. Hope this helps.

I have 2-step authentication on my account and it worked fine for me. It asked for the verification code and synced up seamlessly.

magicrat21

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have 2-step authentication on my account and it worked fine for me. It asked for the verification code and synced up seamlessly.

Actually, it might have had to do with the multiple problems with my unit. It was really screwed up, Google thought someone had tried to root it and messed it up. Office Max said they would call me when the new shipment comes in but I'm call all around before that. :)

fthiemann

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
My new Samsung Galaxy SIII is doing the same thing. Saying "signing in..." forever. It's been doing this all night and won't let me cancel out. What the heck?

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
My new Samsung Galaxy SIII is doing the same thing. Saying "signing in..." forever. It's been doing this all night and won't let me cancel out. What the heck?

I have the same phone and twice I've had issues that were solved simply by popping off the back, removing the battery, then putting it back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed