Scanning, PDFs, TTS, and More

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for solutions to a need my wife has. She is a teacher and would like to utilize her new N7 in the classroom in a specific way. As a special education teacher, she has some specific needs. With that said she wants to put this N7 to work without being forced to utilize an iPad (of course we do not know if an iPad solution is out there either).

She would like to scan or take a picture of documents/images with text, and then utilize a TTS reader to read the text aloud to a student. She has the use of a Razr for the picture/document scanning, and the use of dropbox or drive.

We have tried saving scanned/captured images, and utilizing a PDF reader/editor function, but none have recognized the text.

I am hoping someone else has done what she is needing, and there is an easy solution out there.

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Scanthing OCR says the latest version supports text to speech, I haven't tried it yet, but you can find it in the play store.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Among others, we tried scanthing. It does scan well, however, the conversion to TTS provides only "no text found" from the robo reader. We have been playing around and researching for the last few days.....can't believe we haven't come across the answer yet :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc