Foxfi with nexus 7

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Can you use Foxfi with the nexus 7? I ask bc I have an htc rezound and can only use the Bluetooth to tether.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks. Wanted to make sure before I try and be disappointed.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks. Wanted to make sure before I try and be disappointed.

I give up. I could get no consistency with connections. More often than not I could not get a connection away from my home network. I finally caved and switched to Verizon share everything so I can get the mobile hotspot. I have not had a chance to try it out but will later tonight. I have a Rezound and an N7.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I give up. I could get no consistency with connections. More often than not I could not get a connection away from my home network. I finally caved and switched to Verizon share everything so I can get the mobile hotspot. I have not had a chance to try it out but will later tonight. I have a Rezound and an N7.

Yeah I'm trying to figure it out myself right now and can't seem to get it.

RCicale

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't have PdaNet on my N7 but it still sees the available wireless network when I activate the Foxfi Wireless Hotspot and then connects with it flawlessly. I have a Motorola Bionic on Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I have tried FoxFi running on my Verizon Razr Maxx and connecting my Nexus 7. I also have "legal" hot spot on my Xoom. Both seem to work fine for me.

I just tried FoxFi to see if it works and really don't plan on using it as a full time network soluction.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Using FoxFi on a ICS Nexus S. Good grief it takes about 5 minutes for the N7 to connect, not sure why..but it does work. WiFi tether for root however..does not work. Cant get that thing to work in infrastructure mode.

KaneRobot

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
No go for me either. Nexus 7 & Samsung Galaxy Indulge (Metro PCS 4G phone forever on 2.2). The tablet recognizes it and connects but never gets beyond "obtaining IP address." It then cycles back and forth between connecting and obtaining IP address. After about 5 minutes it just says something like "avoided weak internet signal" and defaults back to my normal WiFi. Not sure if this is because some other setting is interfering, or if it just isn't compatible for some reason. Generally have no problem with 4G connection on my phone.

Have not tried Bluetooth method yet.

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
For the folks having trouble, try this:

Install FoxFi on your phone. If you can't get it working in WiFi mode, switch to Bluetooth. If your Nexus 7 and phone aren't paired - pair them. Since I am running it on an OG HTC Evo 4G, I have no choice but to use it via Bluetooth.

Install PDA Net on your Nexus 7 and hit connect. It it fails to connect, try it again. Sometimes PDA Net needs a few seconds after FoxFi gets up and running to see the connection.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Sprint using the EVO 4G LTE and I can connect my Nexus 7 with no problem and don't have PDA Net on my Nexus 7.

Ice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781