Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dialing/receiving phone calls from Nexus 7

I searched the forum and couldn't find the answer.

I'm trying to make phone calls from my N7 routed through phone using Bluetooth

I already paired the N7 and my Verizon (dumb) LG
    Keep getting a message "this device can not perform the action you are trying" when I try to place a call.

Is there an app that will let me use the N7 to act like a phone?

Note: When I pair my Garmin 2460 GPS with the same phone I'm able to place and receive hand free calls trough the GPS , so basically I'm looking for the same feature in the N7

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Last edited by flacousa; 08-06-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Default Re: Dialing/receiving phone calls from Nexus 7

GooveIP allows you to use your Google Voice service to make and receive voice calls and all you need is an internet connection.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks for the link. I think it is more reasonable than talkatone. perhaps they should come out with an iphone version?

I too am searching for a way to use it as a speakerphone for my iphone (IT WAS GIVEN TO ME OK??)

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    GooveIP allows you to use your Google Voice service to make and receive voice calls and all you need is an internet connection.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...51bGwsMSwyLDNd

Not exactly what you're looking for but Tablet Talk allows you to connect your your phone via bluetooth or wifi.
    You can send sms or place/answer to calls. You do have to have a bluetooth headset that is connected to your phone though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I dont like using headsets. A giant speakerphone would be nice. In an attempt to remain a little more relevant, GPS companies have started doing this as well. I just purchased Copilot USa for $9.99 I am thinking about returning the GPS I just purchased for $150 to costco
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by kieranmullen View Post
    Yeah I dont like using headsets. A giant speakerphone would be nice. In an attempt to remain a little more relevant, GPS companies have started doing this as well. I just purchased Copilot USa for $9.99 I am thinking about returning the GPS I just purchased for $150 to costco
    Don't do it, why tie-up the N7 pulling GPS duty?
    For short trips around town where guidance is needed I use the Nexus laying in between seats, for longer trips we will be using the 2460 freeing the Nexus so the passenger can read books/magazines or watch a movie.

Well my company purchased one for me and it arrived last Thursday and by Saturday my wife was wanting to know if her company exchange mail could be viewed on it. She was planning on bringing it in today. It will only be a little while before she wants one too. (replacing our well used dell axims (have 2 of these as well) I had a bluetooth GPS on it and maps and she has an extended keyboard on it. She still really likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by flacousa View Post
    Don't do it, why tie-up the N7 pulling GPS duty?
    For short trips around town where guidance is needed I use the Nexus laying in between seats, for longer trips we will be using the 2460 freeing the Nexus so the passenger can read books/magazines or watch a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by kieranmullen View Post
    Well my company purchased one for me and it arrived last Thursday and by Saturday my wife was wanting to know if her company exchange mail could be viewed on it. She was planning on bringing it in today. It will only be a little while before she wants one too. (replacing our well used dell axims (have 2 of these as well) I had a bluetooth GPS on it and maps and she has an extended keyboard on it. She still really likes it.
    I had one of those Dell Axims as well (actually a couple different models at different times). I really liked them, and they were super handy for me during college. But the current Android devices are lightyears ahead of them in pretty much every way.

Bud.... This is what they call "Preaching to the Choir"

Quote Originally Posted by YAYTech View Post
    I had one of those Dell Axims as well (actually a couple different models at different times). I really liked them, and they were super handy for me during college. But the current Android devices are lightyears ahead of them in pretty much every way.

try this "NXS Dialer FREE"