Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Downloaded apps not showing up.

Downloaded a couple of apps earlier and neither icon showed up on the screen. Looking under apps they are there. They are even available doing a search. Any ideas..

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: Downloaded apps not showing up.

Make sure you check all of the home screens for the icons, just flip through 'em left and right.

If they're still not there, just create your own by going to your apps, press and hold the appropriate app, and drag the shortcut icon to the home screen of your choosing.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Where would you like them to show up? Apps don't usually automatically create an icon on one of your home screens. If they are in your apps, you can drag it to a home screen location of your preference or use a widget if you prefer and the app supports it.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Agreed, but they were not listed with the apps. The only way I could see them was either via search or going to settings/apps. I reset the unit but that didnt help. So I wiped the unit (was looking for a reason to do that) and redownloaded all the apps and it works fine now. Anyway thanks for the replies...

I'm a nooby to smartphone, heck to cellphone in general. I was having the same problem. I could see all my downloads in "my apps" on google play but no where else. Well I just found a solution by accident; I downloaded a new Launcher ( GO Launcher EX) and everything shows up in the new launcher. When I restarted my Shine I now had a choice of which Launcher to use. If I choose Android Home or the Go Launcher everything is available, but I choice LG Home the Apps are missing.

Hope this helps

hi! i have more or less the same situation but in my case i can't see the apps from the "apps" tab in my tablet --- it's really not in my tablet but google play indicates "installed"... where can i find the apps? my tablet is android version 4.1.1, kernel version 3.4.0+, build number is Cherry_A610_V2 --- model is Fusion Bolt.

Are you sure it wasn't a widget that you installed instead of an app? Widgets don't necessarily show up in your apps list, but should be in your Widgets list.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

I recently did an update to an app. Not only did it remove my home screen shortcut, it also no longer showed the app in the app drawer (I looked multiple times). However, it was listed in Google Play, as well as under settings in the list of apps, as expected. I simply uninstalled then reinstalled the app via the Play Store, and everything was back to normal. If your situation is similar, do what I did.