Buying nexus 7 for school

izo.sak

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,
this year in my school we are going to learn with android tablets (not ipads)and the school is providing us a pretty lame 1.2 Ghz cortex A8 10'' android device in a price under 200$, and I was wondering if I should get the nexus 7 instead of the other tablet... would'nt the screen be too small or you think it does'nt matter?

Last edited:

sweet baboo

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I fried my laptop, and I'm planning to use the N7 as my "computer". Screen size seems ideal for what I'll need. Probably depends on what subjects you'll be studying I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
my boyfriend is using his nexus for school. Has his books on there and a note taking app and is loving it so far.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
What do you need it to do? I think the Nexus 7 is great for ebooks, email, casual web browsing, games, streaming video, PDA functions, note taking, etc. I don't think it would be so good for writing papers, spreadsheet projects, and various tasks where netbook doesn't have enough screen real estate. (That said, a 10" tablet isn't great for those either.)

MisterA2001

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I saw the Nexus 7 ay Staples and was real impressed with it's performance :D .
There is a way that you can add your Amazon/ Amazon MP3 app/accounts.

But my main issues with the device:
  • No rear facing camera
  • No expandable memory

I am a BIG Google Android fan;
but will wait and see what the new Kindle Fire 2[?] has to offer. :-\

HotCoil

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I got mine for me and my girl (we go to the same school) to use in our downtime waiting for each other or whatever, and also a Logitech Android 3.0+ Bluetooth keyboard for typing papers in Kingsoft Office.

izo.sak

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
What do you need it to do? I think the Nexus 7 is great for ebooks, email, casual web browsing, games, streaming video, PDA functions, note taking, etc. I don't think it would be so good for writing papers, spreadsheet projects, and various tasks where netbook doesn't have enough screen real estate. (That said, a 10" tablet isn't great for those either.)

As far as I understood we'll only use it for reading in class and I think it would be great for it, and after long thinking I am definitely going to buy it but I hope I won't regret, wish me luck!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If your school is using WPA2 Enterprise wireless, depending on the exact implementation you may not be able to connect using your Nexus 7. Issue 34212 - android - On Jelly Bean, failed to connect to WPA enterprise wireless - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

hmm... you are so outdated in software. This issue is fixed in 4.1.2 release google did few weeks ago.

do you see the status on the link as Released??? It works and some users have confirmed it.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't connect my Nexus 7 to my schools Wireless. I followed all the steps for iOS and laptops but when I try to do a search in Chrome or another app, a proxy error page appears.
I'm using 4.1.2.
Otherwise , the Nexus 7, size wise, is perfect for most school applications and for carrying to classes.

Sent from my Nexus 7

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't connect my Nexus 7 to my schools Wireless. I followed all the steps for iOS and laptops but when I try to do a search in Chrome or another app, a proxy error page appears.
I'm using 4.1.2.
Otherwise , the Nexus 7, size wise, is perfect for most school applications and for carrying to classes.

Sent from my Nexus 7

What kind of WiFi does your school use? I just got me of these new 7s and I was able to connect mine easily since it restored my password from my android phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Buying a new 32GB Nexus7 and giving my 16GB to my son in college for just this reason. But thinking of it makes me shudder. He's lost his phone 4 times in 18 months. :eek::mad::'(

From my experience with it, he should well be able to leave his netbook at home most of the time. Take notes, store books and docs etc. Then use his netbook when he has to, and backup everything from the N7 to the netbook for insurance.

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
What kind of WiFi does your school use? I just got me of these new 7s and I was able to connect mine easily since it restored my password from my android phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure but people have trouble trying to connect even their laptops. I could easily connect my iPod touch although I was limited mostly to built-in apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7

bluntman819

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm a senior in college. I bought a new dell laptop going into college. I love it and its been awesome. I just got the nexus 7 about three weeks ago. I now take the nexus to school most days. I have my digital textbooks on it and I can read them fine. I don't notes in it though. Overall its a nice tablet that's pretty good for school

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm