Does not turn on - HELP!

PAiME68

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
okay so i got the nexus 7 i love it, its great, but i wake up this morning turn straight to my nexus to play some jams and it does not turn on! i had it charging all night. I noticed that when i turn the screen at an angle, the screen looks purple or dark blue some what. has this happened to anyone? can someone please offer me any advice?

Last edited:

PAiME68

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: HELP!

just got off the phone with the google tech. he was great help . what he told me to do is hold the power button for 10 seconds and it restarted it. i was finally able to see the google logo and it turned on fine. but that is not the problem. remember i mentioned i had it charging all night and this morning i even tried different outlets just in case but anyways my battery charge was only at 1/3. so he told to fully charge it, then unplug it the cord, turn it off one minute and turn it on again. this will let me know if the problem is with the charger or the actually battery not getting charged. i got his email to keep him updated.

Androhead27

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
When the screen is lit have you tried holding the power button button down for a while to see if you can force a reboot? Also you might try to shine a flashlight or put the device in direct sunlight. Your auto brightness might be forcing it to 0 and needs a bright light to "wake" it up. I have heard of that happening with new units out of the box. Hope it works out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Just throwing this out there: Don't charge your devices over night. It's not good for batteries to be plugged in when they're at 100%. I'm not saying this caused any problems, but it's good to know.

Reactions: Androhead27

Androhead27

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just throwing this out there: Don't charge your devices over night. It's not good for batteries to be plugged in when they're at 100%. I'm not saying this caused any problems, but it's good to know.

Good advice, I do believe the n7 has a circuit that cuts power to the battery just before it reaches 100% so as not to overcharge. I would imagine if its still sending juice to the device after the battery is full then it would be hot or warm. Mine Is always ice cold when I wake up and its still plugged in at 100%. While it is actively charging though it gets warm.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

mrbates

May 4, 2011
Visit site

I just got one ion the mail yesterday morning. Immediately turned it on and started syncing my accounts. All was well but the battery was low so I powered off and set it on the charger at lunch time. After work I tried to turn it on and it would not. When i plug it back in the battery charge icon does not display. I tried the 30 second power hold several times and it still will not turn on. I plug it in to my pc and the pc wont recognize it either. I emailed google as this was the replacement for my first device with the non functioning speaker. No reply yet.

Androhead27

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got one ion the mail yesterday morning. Immediately turned it on and started syncing my accounts. All was well but the battery was low so I powered off and set it on the charger at lunch time. After work I tried to turn it on and it would not. When i plug it back in the battery charge icon does not display. I tried the 30 second power hold several times and it still will not turn on. I plug it in to my pc and the pc wont recognize it either. I emailed google as this was the replacement for my first device with the non functioning speaker. No reply yet.

Sounds like maybe you got a bad micro USB port on your unit?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mrbates

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like maybe you got a bad micro USB port on your unit?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Perhaps. Google support has already responded to me with the typical questions and suggestions. Just waiting for their response of what to do next. They have been very helpful so far, but I am contemplating on a straight return and then purchasing locally to save time. They are in stock all over the place here now.

Bob_D

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Another thanks for the 10 sec. power up procedure hint.
Now all I need to do is to determine why there was no immediate turn on. Battery appeared to be 90%+ charged.
Guess I may have to wait until it occurs again.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I leave my N7 and my Galaxy Nexus plugged in all the time when not using them, including overnight. I have had no ill effects.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Vincina

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
hey, i know this was already answered but this always happens with my nexus. And right before christmas it just would not turn back on for anything. i tried differnt chargers, different outles everything until i got a suggestion off 'Fix-Ya' or something like that to press down the volume + +volume - + pwer button down all at the same time for about 10 seconds and the screen popped on with the green androin on it's back.I thouht i had to get another one.But this seems like it happens when you let the battery die all the way.

Chrisnewton

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Every time I fully charge my Nexus 7 I have to hold the power button in for about 15 seconds before it will turn on, then it turns on as normal until next full charge

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair