Websites not loading mobile theme?

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else noticing that across all browsers they download, mobile websites do not load automatically (despite being setup to)?

Specifically, jalopnik and engadget do not and its quite frustrating.

n7ok

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I visit a couple websites with the N7 that display a mobile theme automatically. I usually end up changing to the normal theme.

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else noticing that across all browsers they download, mobile websites do not load automatically (despite being setup to)?

Specifically, jalopnik and engadget do not and its quite frustrating.

Engadget has its own app in Google Play..

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Engadget has its own app in Google Play..

Understood, but I much prefer to pull it up while browsing. It's part of my daily visits and I rather do everything though one screen then have to go to my homescreen and launch it separately.

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I think that it's up to the website itself to redirect you when it detects a mobile browser. Engadget doesn't seem to redirect but I've been to other sites that do.

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
It seems just on this tablet, I don't know if it's jelly bean related or what as ios and ics tablets seem to load it as a mobile theme.

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just tried to visit Engadget on Opera Mini and it redirected to the mobile site, so you can try using that if you haven't already.

cusinndzl

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Some websites, mine included are responsive. That means that the style of the website changes depending on the resolution. That could relate to the issue. I personally want desktop sites to load on my Nexus 7 since I'm using WiFi and the screen is big enough for most websites.