What are these dots on my display?

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Are these bad pixels? I only see it in dark colors. You can see the reflection of my gnex camera where the finger print looking dots are.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sesami

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I would say this is a defect and you should exchange your device out. But if it doesn't bother you that much then... I guess keep it. But if I were you, I'd return/exchange it.

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I do not think this is a defect. I think it is something to do with the touchscreen. While I have not noticed them on my N7 yet (but to be honest, I haven't looked), I did see something exactly like this on the screen of my Kindle Fire under very bright light. Maybe it has something to do with the touch sensors?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
They were only really noticeable on my Kindle Fire under very bright light (like when inspecting the screen for scratches) when the unit was off. Under normal use I did not notice them, but I have to admit I wasn't looking for them. I will have to look more closely at my N7 tonight. I will say I've never seen them on my 1st or 3rd generation iPads though.

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Now do you think I will get a refurbished unit as a replacement? I can't see it on whites o light colors. Only really dark colors, but I now its there so it's always in my head. Lol.

Sent from my 8gb Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Ask them. When I called to get my RMA, Google Play had gone out of stock. I asked how long I might have to wait since they are out of stock. He said they keep a separate supply for handling the replacements. Sometimes warranties say that you may get a refurb. But since nexus 7 just came out, they probably don't have a lot of refurbs. So hopefully you can ask and who you talk to knows something. I didn't get around to process my RMA and stuff until after was back in stock though so who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

JReich87

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same thing on mine...I'm getting the replacement tomorrow has anybody had any problems with google covering this under warranty?

Last edited:

ajayb92

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
If they are not dead pixels,then what are they?.I am facing the same problem and I live in India,I do not know what to do.Hope there is a solution to this other than replacement.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Doing a little trolling are ya? ROFL.

Transparent.

Whats transparent is the lack of quality in regards to the Nexus 7. I love the device, I must love it since I've given it several attempts at finding a perfect one, but it will never be confused with the most well build thing ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon