Amazon Prime on the Nexus 7

Tainayersiel

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Amazon Prime on the nexus 7

Please bear with me here as I am totally new to all things mobile. I am trying to decide which tablet to buy for my own needs. Currently using a borrowed n7. ( Yes, I'm loving it!). My question at the moment concerns Amazon video. Just checked the choices and The King's Speech is available free --not an Amazon Prime offer. What app do I need to have in order to watch this? Or is it even possible to download / stream to the n7?
You can get the apps from the Amazon App Store on any Android device, you just register it to your Amazon account and download the apps that you purchase. I did this with no problems on the Toshiba Thrive.:)

Last edited:

jhyde77

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm new to tablets and I'm thinking about purchasing the Nexus 7. I know several people have mentioned they play Amazon videos with the Nexus without any issues. Have any of you had any trouble playing Amazon videos with the Nexus 7?

Thanks,

Jeremy

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

No links?

What do you mean "no links?" Are you wanting a link to more information about playing Amazon Prime videos on your Nexus 7? You could try reading the thread, the info & links are in this thread. For example, my previous post that's 3 posts above yours.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I think I already know the answer to this, but what about the Lending Library? If there was a way to get access to this much reading material for the cost of a Prime membership, well, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!" LOL

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I think I already know the answer to this, but what about the Lending Library? If there was a way to get access to this much reading material for the cost of a Prime membership, well, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!" LOL

From some reading & searching, it looks like they've pretty well locked down the lending library to Kindle devices.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

From some reading & searching, it looks like they've pretty well locked down the lending library to Kindle devices.

Yeah, that's all I've found as well. Just hoping someone may have a workaround. Ah, well, more of my money stays in my pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

New-N7

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

If you are still on this forum, could you explain to a pre-novice how to do this? Firefox beta no longer accepts flash, so that leaves xScope. I know to go to Google Play to download Xscope. Then what? Once it is all installed how do I get the movie from Amazon Prime on here?

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site

Firefox beta no longer accepts flash, so that leaves xScope. I know to go to Google Play to download Xscope. Then what? Once it is all installed how do I get the movie from Amazon Prime on here?

I use the non beta version of firefox. I also downloaded Adobe Flash Player 11.1 APK for Android Phones & Tablets. It took no additional set-up.

Android AdvicesDownload Flash player 11.1 APK for Android Phones

Prior to this set-up, I couldn't view Amazon Prime movies. Now I can by visiting Amazon and viewing it just like I do with my laptop browser.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

Works fine for me with Flash side-loaded and xScope. I wonder if this setup will still work after 4.2 comes out.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Just hoping someone may have a workaround.

potential easy workaround = buy a $79 kindle reader (or a nicer one), download your book, xfer it to any other device or read it on the kindle.

I prefer reading on the kindle anyway, easier on the eyes and the battery lasts a lot longer.

lolapearl

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

How do you get the movie to properly fit in the N7's screen display? The full screen icon does not work for me. Thanks.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

I use Boat browser to watch. The full screen icon doesn't work, but if I double tap in the video, it goes to full screen.

lolapearl

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Mine is the 16gb Nexus 7 sold by Office depot. I think it upgraded itself to a newer version of jellybean. I added Firefox as an additional browser since Chrome is reputed
not to work with flash. (I don't really know what I am saying or what it means, but I think that is right info)

lolapearl

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

Yeah and it is *y of them. I pay for my membership and should be able to get a free book a month on any device that has a Kindle app. NOT JUST A KINDLE!!!!