Nexus 7 Raised Screen Fix

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I found a site for a fix on the Nexus 7 raised screen problem. Have any of you tried this method and have it worked for you? I am afraid I use this method (simple and easy) that I create an even worse problem.

Link: http://www.droid-life.com/2012/07/18/how-to-fix-screen-lifting-issue-on-the-nexus-7/#disqus_thread

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work at all. And I'd seen others mention that the screws really have nothing to do with the glass placement in the bezel.

For me, what seems to have worked was putting a couple small clamps on the left side and leaving it over night. I did warm it up with a game at first when I put the clamps on and then let it cool. Not sure if the warming up part really was needed though.

But after leaving it clamped for about 10 hours, the left side of the glass has stayed down without any give for about 5 or 6 days now.

There are the clamps I got from Home Depot.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...talogId%3D10053%23.UCSAe01lQ50&token=EKYngDNa

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work at all. And I'd seen others mention that the screws really have nothing to do with the glass placement in the bezel.

For me, what seems to have worked was putting a couple small clamps on the left side and leaving it over night. I did warm it up with a game at first when I put the clamps on and then let it cool. Not sure if the warming up part really was needed though.

But after leaving it clamped for about 10 hours, the left side of the glass has stayed down without any give for about 5 or 6 days now.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...talogId%3D10053%23.UCSAe01lQ50&token=c3Lgiwn1

Great idea I'm going to try this! My screen lift isn't too bad

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

FlyingPinguin

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...talogId%3D10053%23.UCSAe01lQ50&token=4OgBzlNk

I would try, but my problem is just the slightest of a lift. My OCD is just bothering me :). Thanks for the idea, but I have seen a lot of people trying the heat up method. My theory is that it is just going to unglue itself when heated up or when tablet is used lightly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

~~~~~~~~~~~
~FlyingPinguin~
~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuzzone

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
OMG! This thing is so easy to open up and (potentially) repair. I just opened it and saw for myself.

Nexus 7 Teardown - iFixit

I have fallen in love with my Nexus 7 all over again.

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE, do not try to open yours unless you have a delicate touch and have done this sort of sensitive stuff in the past like I have.

shafferb

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I went to the extreme measure of just rubbing my finger up and down along the edge of the Nexus for a couple of evenings for about 10 minutes each evening (boring, I admit). That was over two weeks ago, and no sign at all of it coming back up. Just seems like the glue wasn't allowed to set up properly. I live in the desert in Arizona and have used it outside at over 110 degrees for several days now, and no problems have returned.

Might want to try this before opening it up, stripping screws, suing The Google, etc.

Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance