Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 7 tablet has poor build quality.

My fifth N7 came today. I have an 8GB, two 32GB's (for myself) and bought two other 32's for my son and grandson. I helped them both with the unboxing and setup and have found or have had zero issues with even one of them.
    RoberMR and quicksilver53 like this.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artax34 View Post
    Thanks for having me. I hear some people had to go through as much as 10 posts (yes, 10, and legend has it someone had to post here 23 times!), without having their Nexus 7 problem solved... All jokes aside, anyone who still thinks the screen lift is an "imagined" problem has a serious lack of... imagination. All jokes aside, screen lift is not something one can potentially nitpick all that much. It's either there or not, whether you actively/obsessively search for it or not (which is my case, since that particular issue was all over the internet when I looked for reviews). Whether it truly bothers you is another story I guess, but it's definitely unproductive to blame someone for being rattled by it. I can understand how someone can go through multiple unsuccessful attempts without finding "the right one", but I do agree that getting to 10 or 23 seems indicative of perseveration (unproductive perseverance, in other words). That being said, I can see how such good specs and questionable QC can lead someone to gamble quite a few times with the hope of getting luckier.
    I like this guy! So when you say " all jokes aside", you mean that you are joking? :-)
    If the screen lift is imagined this means lack of imagination?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Maybe your description is exaggerated, and sometimes the N7 will have some issues but in general , it is good.If you are not satisfied with the device, why not exchange another one?
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Although this is an old tread I wanted to add my 2 cents. I went through 5 Nexus 7s. Number 5 was the last straw for mwe and I was done with this device. It's a shame, because really like the feel, form factor and off course the price of the Nexus 7. However, I found the build quality to be totally unexceptable.

I just got two for the household and each of them is working perfectly. I'm sorry others have had so many problems. Is it possible that they're manufactured in various places and that the likelihood of faulty hardware is higher in some places than others?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Whyareallthegoodnamestaken; 03-25-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Half this thread is Apple shills.
    ChromeJob likes this.

I have had 2 of the N7's (dropped and broke one), and have never had any of the problems the OP describes. I notice, however, that the OP's username is "blackberrymamba", so I must conclude that he/she is just a troll, and probably a shill for Blackberry. So, I call bogus on this one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mine is absolutely perfect. I can not find a thing to complain about. I have never had a phone (apple and now the N4) that I ever had to return and my Nexus 7 I can add to that list.
    quicksilver53 likes this.

I've had three N7s in my greedy paws, all three were just fine.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by talonsmith View Post
    Half this thread is Apple shills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seronac View Post
    I have had 2 of the N7's (dropped and broke one), and have never had any of the problems the OP describes. I notice, however, that the OP's username is "blackberrymamba", so I must conclude that he/she is just a troll, and probably a shill for Blackberry. So, I call bogus on this one.

You should assume that the Mod team has seen this thread and determined that it's not a trolling thread. Please leave the Moderating to the Moderator Team please. :

If you do ever feel something needs to be brought to our attention please use the report post button.

Thanks.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Blackberry Mamba seems to have moved on to a Galaxy Note 2 in the fall of last year. If you will note the person was happy with the tablet performance and Jelly Bean. The complaints as to numbers of faulty units seemed excessive even back last September but a number of people were reporting problems then. Some people may have been extra picky looking for the slightest flaw. Revival of this ancient thread is unfortunate.

Blackberry Mamba quit the Playbook for the N7 mainly because of the better app market and also because of the new Jelly Bean operating system. Definitely not a troll for Apple or Blackberry.

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by jpash549 View Post
    Blackberry Mamba seems to have moved on to a Galaxy Note 2 in the fall of last year. If you will note the person was happy with the tablet performance and Jelly Bean. The complaints as to numbers of faulty units seemed excessive even back last September but a number of people were reporting problems then. Some people may have been extra picky looking for the slightest flaw. Revival of this ancient thread is unfortunate.

Blackberry Mamba quit the Playbook for the N7 mainly because of the better app market and also because of the new Jelly Bean operating system. Definitely not a troll for Apple or Blackberry.

From my N7 or BBPB or HPTP or HP Laptop
    Troll or not....opinions vary. All I know is that he offered nothing to our community and will not be missed.
    NookColor running CM10.1
    Galaxy Note running RootBox
    Nexus 7 Running JellyBam v7
    Thanked by 2:

Yeah, I'll just get a Galaxy Tab 3. The Nexus 7 was obviously rushed to market, so hardware issues are bound to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by tendoboy1984 View Post
    Yeah, I'll just get a Galaxy Tab 3. The Nexus 7 was obviously rushed to market, so hardware issues are bound to pop up.
    Bad mistake. Read the threads in this forum. Lots of proeple including me love theirs. I highly recommend buying a Nexus 7.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Agree with above. Strongly disagree with tendoboy1984.

What's wrong with the Galaxy Tab? Their phones are pretty popular.

Nothing wrong with Galaxy Tabs. The disagreement was with your assertion that the N7 was "rushed to market."

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Samsung TouchWiz. Whenever I've played with a Galaxy Tab at a store, it always seems kind of sluggish when swiping around the homescreens.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Nothing wrong with Galaxy Tabs. The disagreement was with your assertion that the N7 was "rushed to market."

Personally, I'm not a big fan of Samsung TouchWiz. Whenever I've played with a Galaxy Tab at a store, it always seems kind of sluggish when swiping around the homescreens.

I have an old Samsung phone with TouchWiz on it. The thing is annoying to use as anything other than a phone. Trying to text someone can take several minutes to type out 30 words because it tends to select a letter next to the button I am pushing. It also has T9 which can be even more annoying when typing. This was a year ago so I'm sure they greatly improved things. I just hate the way Samsung has to add their own things to the OS.

Had mine 4 months LOVE it.

I just bought a nexus 7 yesterday and already, the audio quality has gone through the floor. I literally receive every other half second of whatever I listen to on it when I receive any sound.

Does that happen only with the speaker or also with the headphone jack?

We've got two Nexus 7s in the house. They are both fine and one of them is surviving being played with by a 5 year old. The build quality is just fine.

Arrow Re: Nexus 7 tablet has poor build quality.

its really poor build quality. " just week old"
    causing crick noises caused by the side parts when i am holding it, though no breakage.
    really annoys me.
    common Google , Build Quality of SUPREME .
    everything matters for user "customer"

Since buying a 32GB Nexus 7 back in February, it still works great except the speaker has started to sound bad at full volume. Sounds like it's on it's way out. It would be great of the next Nexus 7 has stereo speakers like the iPad Mini.

I've had mine for about 7-8 months (32GB model that I bought at Office Max/Depot). The front panel portion on the left side has some give if I hold it with one hand and push with moderate pressure onto the bezel. It's kind of annoying but it hasn't fallen apart on me yet. I've been lucky that the device has been reliable but it would be nice if it was a bit better put together, I'd gladly pay an extra $50 for better build quality. I would still have a pretty cheap but very capable tablet in a form factor that is much more appealing to me than the 10" tablets.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 LastLast