Nexus 7 tablet has poor build quality.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why you find it odd, the last few I bought I opened right at the service desk, in batches of 5 which is what the store got in at a time. In total I went through 23 before I gave up. Do you think the store was impressed with the obvious excessive screen lift right out of the box? Some were so bad you could see the innards of the device right out of the box. We didn't even get to checking for the other known flaws such as ghosting and bleeding, didn't even turn them on before they were returned.

The store pretty much doesn't care who returns the devices, they were more than happy to get the garbage off the shelf. And as for new batches coming out, they are to this date still receiving the C50 series. As far as I know when I check once a week for a C80, the returns are pretty much excessive and most of the batches they get in are returned for one reason or another, mostly people who didn't like the fact the screen was coming off.

- - - Updated - - -

This solution has already been debunked over and over and over, some SWEAR all you have to do is loosen the screws some SWEAR all you have to do is tighten the screws, some SWEAR all you have to do is apply more adhesive yourself. All solutions fail more or less in one way or another and seriously? Since when has it become the absolute norm to strip open your electronic devices and fix what should have been working all along or at the very least work with a return??

It hasn't been debunked, please provide a link to anywhere saying it has. I've done it for someone who had screen lift and it fixed it perfectly going on 4 weeks now. And how is taking off the battery cover and tightening 2 screws "stripping down a device"? After seeing all the people on 4chan laughing about spamming and trolling android sites with fake N7 defects, I thinks it's now pretty obvious to everyone that you're one of them.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Do you ever plan to drop this topic in this forum? Do you know that this is not an official Google or Asus forum and we can't help you? Honestly most of us feel like you're close to wearing out your welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Seriously. Look at his post history. Every single post he has made at AC is him spamming about going through 23 defective N7's and insisting that nobody has a non-defective and anyone who thinks that they do just hasn't noticed it, or is lying. Then he tries to convince people that a proven method for fixing defective devices in like 2 minutes has been debunked without providing and source to back it up. Pretty damn obvious he's a troll. If he really had gone through 23 devices (yeah, right) and had given up, why is he still hanging around and spamming bullcrap on the N7 board.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me if I'm out of line, but it's not name calling if it's true.

That's incorrect. It's still name calling and I would appreciate if that type of stuff was kept to a minimum. By minimum I mean not used at all.

I've warned and warned and warned in these threads since this thing was released. Just because time goes by and the thread goes barren for a week does not mean we can resort to immature acts just to get the last word. Debate, argue, whatever. No name calling.

If you have any questions, pm me.

Good night :)

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just recieved my third N7 [C8O batch]. First had serious screen lift, second had minor screen lift but serious ghosting and a creaky bezel, third one [so far] seems good. The left side of the screen feels rock solid and shows no signs of lifting at all. Ghosting is absent too as are dead pixels.

There is a miniscule amount of lightbleed on one side of the tablet and some minor screen flicker with the stock auto-brightness control setting, but the former is not noticable under most conditions and the latter is easily rectified using the superior 'lux' app.

Third time's a charm it seems [for me at least] and I'm now at a point where I'm happy to settle with this tablet and have washed away all thoughts of picking up a Kindle Fire HD - assuming it stays solid.

Now my only problem with this tablet is a software one; the missing features that are absent from the Play Books reader but present in the IOS version of the same app. Come on Google this app could be class leading...get it sorted. Please :) .

AstronomerXI

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
This device suffers from backlight bleed, screen lift, horizontal line artifacts, and other issues.

OK so I think I'm done with this device. I've gone through 10 now and I really think Google owes me and others for having to exercise quality control for them. I have gone through 10 of these devices and I can say that all of them had the problems mentioned above.

I can definitely say without a doubt that this device is simply of very poor build quality even though the specs, jelly bean os, and performance is great.

10? I call "troll" if a personal (non-corporate) user. Or exaggeration.

My data point is that mine has none of the possible issues that some have reported, and I've given it a careful going-over and run various test apps. As a hardware enthusiast, I do this as a matter of course with all my gear.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
10? I call "troll" if a personal (non-corporate) user. Or exaggeration.

My data point is that mine has none of the possible issues that some have reported, and I've given it a careful going-over and run various test apps. As a hardware enthusiast, I do this as a matter of course with all my gear.

There's another guy spamming how he went though 27, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This is why i got rid of my n7 for the kindle fire hd. The build quality is a joke.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Mine's great. And I can't speak on the new fires, but my bro Yuri was working in an Amazon call center after the launch of the original Kindle Fire and every day for nearly a month every call he got was about a defective kindle.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just recieved my third N7 [C8O batch]. First had serious screen lift, second had minor screen lift but serious ghosting and a creaky bezel, third one [so far] seems good. The left side of the screen feels rock solid and shows no signs of lifting at all. Ghosting is absent too as are dead pixels.

There is a miniscule amount of lightbleed on one side of the tablet and some minor screen flicker with the stock auto-brightness control setting, but the former is not noticable under most conditions and the latter is easily rectified using the superior 'lux' app.

Third time's a charm it seems [for me at least] and I'm now at a point where I'm happy to settle with this tablet and have washed away all thoughts of picking up a Kindle Fire HD - assuming it stays solid.

Now my only problem with this tablet is a software one; the missing features that are absent from the Play Books reader but present in the IOS version of the same app. Come on Google this app could be class leading...get it sorted. Please :) .

The GP store says lux is not compatible with the N7

jlgdrg1998

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
EXACTLY. what a joke BlackBerryMamba. If you were taalking about the Nook Tablet I would understand that things blows.
My Questions:
1. If the device was so bad, why would you bother with going through the hassle of 10 of them!!!
2. There is no way you shipped and received 10 of these devices in such a short time (good job dparrothead1)
3. A sample size of 10 and a failure rate of 100%? never heard of such a thing.

Get lost moron.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had 5 of these things that I have returned recently. I finally gave up and this last one I'm sending back to get a refund. It really sucks because I loved this device. Everything about it was perfect, aside from the screen lift. It simply shouldn't be able to be pressed down in any form or fashion. That's bad QC. I had some that weren't THAT bad, but I did have a couple that you could see just by glancing at it, and could severely push down. Some you could only push down slightly, but it was there to some degree in each and every one of them. I don't call BS on this, because it happened to me. I loved this thing so much that I'm tempted to try out a 32...hoping that maybe on the newest of the new they have this figured out. But I feel like I'd get back into this same cycle.

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had 5 of these things that I have returned recently. I finally gave up and this last one I'm sending back to get a refund. It really sucks because I loved this device. Everything about it was perfect, aside from the screen lift. It simply shouldn't be able to be pressed down in any form or fashion. That's bad QC. I had some that weren't THAT bad, but I did have a couple that you could see just by glancing at it, and could severely push down. Some you could only push down slightly, but it was there to some degree in each and every one of them. I don't call BS on this, because it happened to me. I loved this thing so much that I'm tempted to try out a 32...hoping that maybe on the newest of the new they have this figured out. But I feel like I'd get back into this same cycle.

That's amazing. I am four for four -- PERFECT in every way.

Sent from my Nexus 7

michael85225

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I just received my 32GB model and it had a dead pixel. It also had minor screen lift and the left side was squishy and creaky as hell. The screen on the left side would warp and go bright (like when you press on a laptop display) with the slightest touch. Returned it today and I'm still trying to decide if I should get another one. Before that, I had purchased an 8GB model and it had minor screen lift and was creaky on the left side too but returned it because I needed more storage. I love the device and the performance is excellent but the build quality does need improvement.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just received my 32GB model and it had a dead pixel. It also had minor screen lift and the left side was squishy and creaky as hell. The screen on the left side would warp and go bright (like when you press on a laptop display) with the slightest touch. Returned it today and I'm still trying to decide if I should get another one. Before that, I had purchased an 8GB model and it had minor screen lift and was creaky on the left side too but returned it because I needed more storage. I love the device and the performance is excellent but the build quality does need improvement.

Man, that's really a letdown. I was hoping they got some stuff fixed with the 32gb versions, but doesn't look like it.

Looks like it's an iPad mini or a Nexus 10 for this guy.