Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 tablet has poor build quality.

This device suffers from backlight bleed, screen lift, horizontal line artifacts, and other issues.

OK so I think I'm done with this device. I've gone through 10 now and I really think Google owes me and others for having to exercise quality control for them. I have gone through 10 of these devices and I can say that all of them had the problems mentioned above.

I can definitely say without a doubt that this device is simply of very poor build quality even though the specs, jelly bean os, and performance is great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackberrymamba View Post
    This device suffers from backlight bleed, screen lift, horizontal line artifacts, and other issues.

OK so I think I'm done with this device. I've gone through 10 now and I really think Google owes me and others for having to exercise quality control for them. I have gone through 10 of these devices and I can say that all of them had the problems mentioned above.

I can definitely say without a doubt that this device is simply of very poor build quality even though the specs, jelly bean os, and performance is great.

You gotta be kidding me? I just picked one up yesterday and I do NOT have any of the above issues you stated.

The Pros:
    Nice Screen
    Updated OS
    Quad Core
    Excellent Quality (IMHO)
    Battery Life (At 79% after 1 day 19 hours)
    Price is amazing
    FFC is good
    Just everything!!!!!!!!

The Cons:
    I got nothing???
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Nexus 7 tablet has poor build quality.

I got mine on Tuesday and I have no issues either. I specifically checked for the screen separation issue.

It's crazy you went through 10 through. Was it one device exchanged over and over again?

seriously??? There seems to be no issue with the device from what i have seen from my friends Nexus...

@Alex198908: you made me laugh out loud

There are some quality issues. But I decided to just stick with the one I got (fourth Nexus 7) and stop trying to find the perfect one. Perhaps in a month or so I'll try another RMA.

Backlight bleeding.
    I don't think I've noticed this on any of mine. If I have to go through unusual circumstances to see it, then it's not a problem to me.

Screen lift.
    Had a couple with screen lift, including my last from the latest batch. I put a couple clamps on the left side, left it overnight and it seems fine now. Keeping my fingers cross.

Horizontal line artifacts.
    I thought I was the only person that noticed this, hadn't seen it mentioned before. If this is the horizontal line of pixels in portrait mode that flicker once, I've seen this on two of my tablets. It's infrequent, so it doesn't bother me. I just hope it isn't a sign of impending screen failure.

Colors, White saturation, Smartdimmer.
    These are really the issues that bugs me by far the most. Whites over oversaturated. I notice this makes small fonts on white look a bit fuzzy, like in the Play Store.
    Greens and yellows look too pastel, washed out.
    The Tegra 3 smartdimmer causes the screen to look over exposed during and after playing videos (using the work around, so this one isn't really a problem at the moment).

But despite not being perfect, I enjoy the tablet and decided to just put it's few issues out of mind for now and focus on the good stuff. It feels great, performs very nicely, and I love Android Jelly Bean. And it only cost me $280.

wow.....On 8/1 you said had gone through 4 units..on 8/5 that number had gone up to 6 units.....the very next day, on 8/6, the number had increased to 10 units!!!!!! Everyone can draw their own conclusions!!!!!
    NookColor running CM10.1
    Galaxy Note running RootBox
    Nexus 7 Running JellyBam v7

4 now 10 what a punk...not like they have been on back order and just now getting caught up on drop ship but your the amazing one that got 10!

Drop dead...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Google doesn't owe you anything. If you don't like it, return it and move on. With the number of tablets you've been through, it's pretty obvious you aren't going to find one that's up to your standards.
    Thanked by 4:

With that many problems, it's odd that you're posting here with it instead of a computer.

Thanked by 6:
    Judynnnn likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,719 Global Posts

Ya I dont believe you went thru 10 Warranty replacements. It sounds like we got a iSheep that lost it way.......Nexus 7 is not to be confused with the iTampon 2 (iPad) :thumbup:
    Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

How do you spell t-r-o-l-l
    Thanked by 2:
    socialcarpet likes this.

Seriously bad luck on 10 faulty units!

I have just requested a swap on my first via Google directly due to speaker constantly buzzing and screen flickering in low light conditions.

Hoping the next is up to par!

I would call him an isheep if I wasn't on my 3rd nexus 7. On top of the defects mentioned I'm getting an unresponsive touch screen when attempting the slide password. What this tablet is capable of at its price is amazing and I like it way better than my iPhone.

Can't edit on tapatalk (as far as I know), but yeah, I can't ignore the shoddy build quality and will probably ask for a complete refund and wait for maybe the next iteration of the Nexus 7. Thanks everyone for all the information you guys shared here. This forum is awesome!

I bought mine in New Zealand about a week ago and have recently noticed that my screen has an awful flicker in low light conditions. I sent an e-mail to Harvey Norman and they are going to send me a replacement, I hope my new one won't have any defects...
    Other than that I'm loving the nexus.

I haven't had any problems with mine, other than an occasional non responsive keyboard which I understand a software update should fix.
    Last edited by Shorian; 08-12-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Removed offensive comments.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I'm sure that somewhere within the Google / Asus ranks, someone now is debating whether to commit ritual sepuku for offending you with their products.

Somehow, I don't think they'll miss you very much, and neither will we.
    ThatTechHead likes this.

I get horizontal artifactz (though ive only noticed it so far in dolphin browser).

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    touch wiz

I guess I've just been one of the few lucky ones. Got mine from staples about a week or so ago and haven't had any issues. Does have some very very minor screen lift on the lefthand side, but to notice of you have to basically it your eyeball on the side of the device. Lol. Everything is fine here for me. Guess I got lucky. I do Belier OP is trolling though...but who knows.

djnshores likes this.

I was going to ask where OP is, but by now he's probably waiting for #16 to charge so he can come back to his thread.

Sent via SwiftKey 3 on Droid Razr Maxx
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    teralpar and ThatTechHead like this.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

The problem might be in your head!

XENOPHOS likes this.

I've owned one N7 and it's perfect, even after I dropped it on hard tile flooring TWICE! The only issue is a software bug where my homescreen won't work properly and all widgets are 'frozen'. I can reboot to solve this problem, but I don't wanna reboot.

I bought an N7 for my Mom and her seems fine as well. So either you got bad luck, or you noticed one flaw one time and flipped out.
    I am NOT the person set as my icon, and no, I don't know who she is.
    Thanked by:

I'm sorry dude but I call BS. There is no way you went through 10 devices and all of them had problems.
    Thanked by:
    ThatTechHead likes this.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Maybe you should just keep buying them. You obviously have the worst luck on the planet and maybe you could just buy up all the defective devices.

That way when mine finally is available it will be perfect!

Ten is a nice round number.

Page 1 of 15 1234 ... LastLast