Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy why cant i play some podcasts on Nexus 7

There are some video podcasts I downloaded cannot play on my Nexus 7. I download them using both dogcatcher and beyondpod. I tried to play the video using the podcast apps, stock player, dice player, and MX player. Nothing worked. The podcast apps just say the format is not supported. But other podcast videos with same format played fine, like .mov or .mp4. Dice and MX just flash out of the video. I never had this problem when I was using Apple products. What is wrong here? Any suggestion?

Default Re: why cant i play some podcasts on Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymoira View Post
    There are some video podcasts I downloaded cannot play on my Nexus 7. I download them using both dogcatcher and beyondpod. I tried to play the video using the podcast apps, stock player, dice player, and MX player. Nothing worked. The podcast apps just say the format is not supported. But other podcast videos with same format played fine, like .mov or .mp4. Dice and MX just flash out of the video. I never had this problem when I was using Apple products. What is wrong here? Any suggestion?
    Tell us the specific files/podcasts you are having problems with.
    FWIW I have zero issues with all the podcasts I have tried playing.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I searched ART 21. I found it through both apps and I cannot play any episode I downloaded. "Driven" doesn't either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I don't have any problems playing podcast on my N7 using dogcatcher.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I just downloaded and played arts 21 the Greek festival in epidaurus using beyondpod. It played in beyondpod and with the stock video player.

Are you getting an error message?

Maybe restarting your device will fix it.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I don't know why but when I search again, the result shows different icon for the Art 21 show. I van play it now. However, I still cannot play other shows like Etsy, Driven, Driving sports, Fashion Network....

Very frustrating.

Podkicker will not work on my Nexus 7