New to Nexus . . . HELP!!!

MissCMH

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I have just purchased the new Nexus 7 today and have spent the past 3 hours just trying to get an ebook (as they dont have it on google books). So frustrated right now!!!

First I tried to transfer an epub from my laptop to it . . . nope, that wouldn't work. Then I went online to get a digital editions, but nope can't download that - so I have to scrap the ebook I just paid for on Angus and Robertson. Not happy!

Surely its not meant to be this hard. So now, im supposed to find something to remove the DRM, but can't find anything that will work and don't understand how it works. I didn't realise I needed an IT degree to get this to work.

I down loaded MoonReader on my Nexus and have the epub file in the books library but when I open it I get an error saying it have to go to a certain link to remove the drm, but when I get there there is nothing to download.:mad:

Can someone PLEASE help me with this. Starting to think I should of just gone with the ipad:(

sgarrand

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Edit: I have no experience with DRM'ed epubs. I realize my info below may not help in your situation. I'm sorry. I'll leave the info just in case it may help someone else.

I have found that putting epubs in my Dropbox (it's free for 2 GB) and importing them from Dropbox to Aldiko (also free) works well and requires only two steps. One press on the epub file and one to choose "Import to Aldiko". Can't get much easier than that.

Dropbox's web site - https://www.dropbox.com/
Dropbox App - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.dropbox.android&hl=en&token=gt5BLQCC
Aldiko Free App - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....android&feature=search_result&token=KVJgPf30

Scott

Last edited:

paulsalter

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
good job you didnt get an ipad, its even more complicated on there for 3rd party books

not used moonreader, but in the settings there wil be an option to enter your adobe drm id, you need to enter this and your password in here, the book should then be readable

(this is the same id you used in adobe digital editions when downloading the book)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The problem is not with nexus but Amazon if you are using their encrypted DRM. They make it harder... as the person above said above use Aldiko Book Reader... it works..

dpridgen

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
If you are getting ebooks off of Amazon, then just use the kindle app, it automatically syncs with amazon and downloads any books you ordered. I use it mostly for ebooks checked out of the library, but I always select the kindle version and have it sent to my Amazon account, then on amazon, I select which of my devices I want the book to be sent to. Next time I sync on the device, it shows up.

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll second the above suggestion by sgarrand, with the only change being I utilized Google Drive instead of DropBox, and then imported the e-book in .epub file format into the free Aldiko app. My short-term experiences with Aldiko are that as a e-book reader - the experience (features / page-turning) are not as smooth as on my Kindle, but more than satisfactory as a e-book reader. I especially like Aldiko's day/night text settings. By the way, I also transferred some audio (.mp3) & video (.divx) files to my Nexus 7 via Google Drive for playback.