Length of Nexus poer cord

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Can I increase the length of the power cord with a USB cable acting as an extension cord? One end would have the standard USB plug and the other, a female receptacle to accept a USB plug.

JP

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why that wouldn't work. It is possible however, that depending on the quality of the cable, it may not charge as quickly,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It will work; it's what I do.

On another note, what is the deal with short USB cables that come with devices now? Although, my Galaxy Nexus has the longest cable I've ever got with a phone, most are so short they are useless.

cusinndzl

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It will work; it's what I do.

On another note, what is the deal with short USB cables that come with devices now? Although, my Galaxy Nexus has the longest cable I've ever got with a phone, most are so short they are useless.

The Galaxy S III on Verizon also has a really long USB cable. I also use a different charging cable with my Nexus 7 without any issues.

jpjgolden

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, that's what I'll do, then.

If companies are including short cords to save money, it's hard to imagine saving very much.

JP

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Can I increase the length of the power cord with a USB cable acting as an extension cord? One end would have the standard USB plug and the other, a female receptacle to accept a USB plug.

JP

That's what I did and it worked perfect....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87