Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What twitter app is everyone using?

Just out of interest, I can't seem to find one that feels right on my N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Jussumguy88 likes this.

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

Default Re: What twitter app is everyone using?

Slices is pretty cool. Normal Twitter app works fine for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by crocodilemarko View Post
    Just out of interest, I can't seem to find one that feels right on my N7.

I'm using Tweet Lanes. It's an awesome app that sticks to the Android design recommendations, and is all around a great app to look at. Its still in development, so some features are still missing, but the developer constantly voices with the community and pushes out updates every week. If nothing else, check it out! You can also get future premium features for free right now by using it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
    zenibear likes this.

Iike plume, like it enough I bought the paid version

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I like TweetCaster. I've installed Slices, but haven't quite gotten used to it yet. They're both from OneLouder which is sort of odd. - sheureka

Normal Twitter app. I'm not a power user though.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phantom blazer

For someone like me who checks twitter maybe 3 times a day scope works fantastic. Like the integration of all the other services as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I have not found anything better than Twicca.. check it out. Don't be fooled by the minimalist look of it or the fact that it doesn't follow the Android design guidelines. It is the fastest and most feature packed twitter app I've used. If it had multiple account support it would be flawless.

Tweetcaster pro. But searches and some other things show blank tweets but shows their avatar

bottlerocket likes this.

Plume is still my favorite.

I also installed Slices and like it but since the last update it has been a bit laggy.

Twicca is a great app! Although, I've been trying Slices this past week or so. I'm liking it. It's a cool concept

Kendall

Tweetcaster

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    bottlerocket likes this.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

I'm enjoying Slices. Very nice app. Best I've used.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Scope.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts

Tweetdeck is my Twitter app of choice.

I have to agree with jd914, Tweetdeck is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.slawinski View Post
    I'm using Tweet Lanes. It's an awesome app that sticks to the Android design recommendations, and is all around a great app to look at. Its still in development, so some features are still missing, but the developer constantly voices with the community and pushes out updates every week. If nothing else, check it out! You can also get future premium features for free right now by using it.

thanks for the info. I tried Tweet Lanes for the first time and loving it!
    Jussumguy88 likes this.

Plume.
    Works great for me but i am waiting for Carbon.
    These guys keep delaying it.
    July 22 was the release week and its almost a month now and they still havent released it.
    I mean, i rather it be ready before they release it but the release date has come and long left.
    Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.slawinski View Post

I am using both TweetLanes and the official Twitter app. I want to use Tweetlanes full time, and I probably will after a few updates. I really like it.

I've been using Tweetcaster as well, based on a recommendation from a PC Magazine article I read on the best N7 apps. Here's a link to the article since it has some other worthwhile items:

I like it better than the standard Twitter app.
    Thanked by:

I must be the only one using Seesmic.

I like Plume. I'm also waiting to see what Carbon has to offer, if it ever gets here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagua View Post
    Scope.
    Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    Tweetdeck is my Twitter app of choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldNMalt View Post
    I have to agree with jd914, Tweetdeck is the way to go.
    Waaay back when I had a Blackberry, I loved SocialScope, then I got my Thunderbolt and it wasn't available, so I settled on Tweetdeck for a while.

Tweetdeck isn't bad, the problem is that it hasn't been updated since since last fall when Twitter bought Tweetdeck, so some functionality (like FB notifications) don't work anymore. Most of the Twitter features work, but I really wanted to be able to utilize 1 app for multiple social networks...I mean, that's why I loved SocialScope so much for the BB. My other problem with tweetdeck is while the interface is fine for a phone, it definitely is not optimized for tablets. (Unless it has recently been updated and I don't know about it).

A few months ago though I was able to finally download the Scope app (from the SocialScope folks), and have been using it since. I love the full Integration with FB, and ability to view timelines from other services as well, such as Instagram. The interface is clean, and looks great on my phone or tablets (I have a galaxy 10.1 as well). They are still in "beta" and may still require an invite to create an account, but I definitely recommend it. My only real problem with Scope since I started using it is that I don't care for their new icon, but that doens't really have anything to do with how the app actually works.

Just my 2

I've tried numerous ones, I always end up going back to plume eventually.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

I use Tweetcaster Pro on my phone - but have been looking for a good option for my Nexus 7, will definitely check out Tweet Lanes and I've read about Slices, might have to try that too LOL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast