volume level

kdp7462

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all

I have been looking for something to increase the volume when watching videos on my n7. In searching he forums for recommendations I see volume + being mentioned more often than not....but the reviews on the play store seem to indicate jelly bean issues. Has anyone tried the app and what are your thoughts? Any other alternatives? :D

statdoc

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I installed Speaker Boost, and have been happy with it. It has all sorts of warnings not to turn it up very high, but after a little testing, I discovered that I could turn it all the way up without any damage to me or the headphones I was using.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This was recommended to me and I love It! Put it on my N7 and my S3 and its made a world of difference.

Last edited:

johanna13

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Google Nexus tablet for my husband for Christmas...
I also bought my daughter a Samsung Galaxy tablet.
The Google's volume is soooooooooooooo much lower then the Samsung Galaxy.
We downloaded the Boost app but it didn't change a thing?
Is there something we could have done wrong?
I see everyone is saying this app worked great ... but it didn't do a thing for us....
I need to find a way to up the volume or my husband don't want this tablet... its way to low!
Is Google responding to this fault? do they have a app that will fix this?

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Apparently android 4.2 broke all of the volume booster apps.

I had to buy myself a pair of 20$ Bluetooth speakers to be able to hear my nexus. Even with only a heater blowing in the room is way to quiet for me to hear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I installed Speaker Boost, and have been happy with it. It has all sorts of warnings not to turn it up very high, but after a little testing, I discovered that I could turn it all the way up without any damage to me or the headphones I was using.

I tried the free one but did nothing for my nexus or my SIII. I do like the app I found when I searched for Speaker Boost called bass boost. I also tried an application called volume boost + which did not work for me as well.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Google Nexus tablet for my husband for Christmas...
I also bought my daughter a Samsung Galaxy tablet.
The Google's volume is soooooooooooooo much lower then the Samsung Galaxy.
We downloaded the Boost app but it didn't change a thing?
Is there something we could have done wrong?
I see everyone is saying this app worked great ... but it didn't do a thing for us....
I need to find a way to up the volume or my husband don't want this tablet... its way to low!
Is Google responding to this fault? do they have a app that will fix this?

I know what the version of android is on the nexus 7 but what version of android is on samsung galaxy or is it a nexus as well cause I have the Samsung Nexus 10 and have a similar issue but not quite as bad as the Nexus 7.

Spinnaker15136

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I was just going to post on this very issue. I am getting older and having trouble with my hearing. The sound level of my nexus is barely detecable in a noisy environment. I was considering getting noise cancellation earphones.

I like the warning that is displayed when you increase the volume. Are they kidding? Google really needs to fix this.

I have seen this volume issue with other devices (not as bad as the nexus) I like how companies are looking out for us.:)

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried the followings in my N7 unfortunately none of them works.
Speaker Boost (both the most recent and the previous version);
Volume+ FREE;
Sound Boost;

too bad !

SLo

nikithet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried to watch a movie on an airplane that I had downloaded from Google Play and I could barely hear it even when jamming in my Senheiser (sp.) ear buds into my ear. If I purchase the MX Player Pro will it automatically play the movie from the Play store, in other words, will it be the default player of all videos on the Nexus? The weird thing is that YouTube music videos had a lot more volume than that of the Google Play movie. Maybe something wrong with the download (Shawshank Redemption)? Thanks for any thoughts you can offer.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Try Speaker Boost. In the Play Store.

I drive an old, very noisy sports car with a radio or of the Fifties or Sixties. (Doesn't even have a headphone jack!) I tried all ťhe, players but Speaker Boost is the only thing that has enabled me to listen to my music in the car.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

The real IanR

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried to watch a movie on an airplane that I had downloaded from Google Play and I could barely hear it even when jamming in my Senheiser (sp.) ear buds into my ear. If I purchase the MX Player Pro will it automatically play the movie from the Play store, in other words, will it be the default player of all videos on the Nexus? The weird thing is that YouTube music videos had a lot more volume than that of the Google Play movie. Maybe something wrong with the download (Shawshank Redemption)? Thanks for any thoughts you can offer.

my experience is that if there are more than 1 video player available, the system will ask you which one to use 'permanently' or 'just for now' EXCEPT for videos embeded in Google Play.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

Be warned that when you run speaker boost type apps from your speakers that you can blow your speakers......I know first hand because it has happened to me and many other people in this forum that has used programs like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

irratebass1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I wondered if that was the case, I have Speaker Boost and I noticed not one improvement.....thanks for the update and keep them coming, pretty bummed about the sound on this thing.

nikithet

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I downloaded Dice Player and the volume was great while playing YouTube videos and videos I shot with a camera. The volume was loud and clear thru both the speaker and when using ear buds. However, the sound was still very, very low playing another downloaded movie from the Play Store. I am not given a choice as to which video player to use when viewing a Play Store movie.

I called Google Support and asked how I could make Dice Player the default player for Play Store rented movies and was told that this isn't possible due to something about film trademarks--or something like that.

Has anyone else rented a Play Store movie and found the same lack of volume I'm experiencing? If so, have you found any solutions? As I said previously, the sound is great on everything except Play Store movies so a speaker malfunction can't be the cause.

ecnar

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
After the 4.2.2 update, my speaker seems to be louder. I don't have an volume boosters running at this time either. Has anyone else noticed this? Or, is it just me? I did an OTA update a week ago when I received a notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae