Barnes & noble just lowered 7" prices

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
$180 for the 8GB and $200 for the 16GB.

But BN isn't heating up anything. Its a dual core, 1024x600, 7 inch tablet that is bulky and heavy for it's size. Not to mention it's so ugly it makes children cry.

You'd be daft to buy this over a Nexus 7.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
$180 for the 8GB and $200 for the 16GB.

But BN isn't heating up anything. Its a dual core, 1024x600, 7 inch tablet that is bulky and heavy for it's size. Not to mention it's so ugly it makes children cry.

You'd be daft to buy this over a Nexus 7.
+1 its would be the worst decision ever if anyone buy BN or Kindle Fire over Nexus 7

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe its a precursor to NEW 7" devices. Amazon also dropped prices on their readers, and a lot of blogs are saying that's because they are going to be updating. Pretty cool, and more choice is always a good thing.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying BUY ONE over an n7, which i own. My point is that the price wars continue. Man, some of you people....

hahaha... No one is trying attack you but everyone trying to say that there no war even with Nooks reduced price on tablet because N7 still is clear winner!!

How dare you bring up Nook here and say it is competitive enough :) lol

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Some people don't look at specs. They look at the box, and the price. So in some degree, there is a war going on.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying BUY ONE over an n7, which i own. My point is that the price wars continue. Man, some of you people....

I just wouldn't call it a price war. It's discounted because it's old and no longer competitive, they had to reduce the price.

I think it's going to just be a two horse race between Amazon and Google. Big content providers that can sell the hardware at no profit. BN just doesn't have nearly the amount of content to compete against Amazon and Google. Not even sure if BN is even working on a new tablet.

Now if the Kindle Fire 2 comes out at $180, then that would be a price war!

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure whether reducing the price was a necessity, but it is now at a point where I might replace my wife's original Nook with a color or a tablet. Sure I could buy her an N7, and but all she really would do with it is read and not care about the easy access to the Google ecosystem. It may only be a little savings, but it's at least a few books worth.

I'm also not convinced that B&N isn't working on another reader. There has been talk about its electronic division becoming a separate entity because it is doing so well. Pure conjecture on my part, but I would not be surprised to see them shrink their stores and cater to the electronic crowd a bit. Reduces overhead and continues their path to becoming a service provider.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure whether reducing the price was a necessity, but it is now at a point where I might replace my wife's original Nook with a color or a tablet. Sure I could buy her an N7, and but all she really would do with it is read and not care about the easy access to the Google ecosystem. It may only be a little savings, but it's at least a few books worth.

I'm also not convinced that B&N isn't working on another reader. There has been talk about its electronic division becoming a separate entity because it is doing so well. Pure conjecture on my part, but I would not be surprised to see them shrink their stores and cater to the electronic crowd a bit. Reduces overhead and continues their path to becoming a service provider.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Nexus 7 feels a lot more comfortable in my hand compared to the Nook Color. The Nexus 7 has less width and height and weights quite a bit less so feels great when held in one hand. Just the design and comfort of the Nexus 7 would be enough to justify spending a bit more.

I completely forgot about that story earlier in the year about the spin off thoughts and Microsoft investing $300 million into the Nook business. Curious what Microsoft is doing, maybe Windows on the next Nook? But I can't imagine it's happening anytime too soon, nothing has leaked yet.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Some people don't look at specs. They look at the box, and the price. So in some degree, there is a war going on.

Agreed on that, and the eco-system. I still insist there is a market for the Kindle. It has Apple like qualities in that it's user friendly and some people live for Amazon.

If anything however BN and the Kindle coming down are less of a war and more of a required price adjustment to meet the new market conditions. The Kindle is a lesser machine and most agree that the Nook tablet is even lesser still.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I just wouldn't call it a price war. It's discounted because it's old and no longer competitive, they had to reduce the price.

I think it's going to just be a two horse race between Amazon and Google. Big content providers that can sell the hardware at no profit. BN just doesn't have nearly the amount of content to compete against Amazon and Google. Not even sure if BN is even working on a new tablet.

Now if the Kindle Fire 2 comes out at $180, then that would be a price war!

You forgot the possible ipad mini that will slay all the 7" dragons.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance