Hmmm my nexus won't turn on anymore

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as another '30-second' winner. Thanks for the info and also to tabletnovice about the QuickStart Guide.

cragains

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks George Davis,
"The solution is actually very simple,
just hold the power button for about 30 seconds.... and it will boot.
TRY IT BEFORE CALLING GOOGLE"

WORKED for me!!!!!

Dubbin1

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I have to hold the power button down for a good 15-20 seconds almost every time I turn it on. Its a PITA but I'll deal with it before returning it.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Unless you guys are powering down your tablets I don't see why you have to hold down the power button so long. :screwy:

BTW rooting the device shouldn't void a ahem HARDWARE WARRANTY. Just don't screw with the hardware config i. e. overclocking etc.

// Posted from my Nexus 7 with the Android Central app :) //

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I had something similar but it didn't pass the HTC splash screen couldn't figure out why for the life of me had to do recovery twice and I wished up changed my boot image and what do you know reboots as normal sometimes if your rooted and run custom boot images it vets messed up why I'm not sure yet?? But if your rooted and have a recovery use it and see if you can change the boot image reboot and see if it can help??

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

henwart

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks... My Nexus wasnt turning on and I took your advice and it worked. Saved me the hastle of sending it back and getting a new one.

lucky sevens

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Should be some sort of Sticky for this issue. A fair amount of N7 owners seem to have this little glitch in turning the device back on.....

yugin

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
in my case 2 Google support dudes were trying to convince me that holding power button for 30-45 sec was quite normal. I didn't buy it and escalated issues to ASUS and they said that it is really abnormal and I should send my unit for repairs. I just exchanging it in the store. Just FYI.

JosGhysen

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Holding the power button for 30 seconds worked for me... I was really worried coz it was fully charged.... So I googled it, read this reply and it worked.... Thanks so much :D

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing this issue as well. Anyone know if this is more likely a software or hardware issue? If it's a hardware issue I suppose it'd be better just to exchange mine.

Shyuan

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The solution is actually very simple,
just hold the power button for about 30 seconds.... and it will boot.
TRY IT BEFORE CALLING GOOGLE

OMG thank you George Davis, you helped me! I thought my Nexus 7 was dead. But, is there any reason why is it so? I shut down my Nexus 7 for a several times, each time I just have to press the power button for a few seconds, but why do I need 19 seconds to switch it on this time? Can someone please explain? I would like to understand the theory behind. Thank you!