1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen burn-in issues?

Recently got my N7 and was reading a book through the Nook app. After I closed it out I noticed that there was a faint but noticeable area of the text still on the screen. I opened a few other things, with varying brightness levels to try and remove it and it finally worked, just wondering if anyone else has noticed it?
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Its been a issue since before launch. Its a ghost. I see it sometimes but most if the time after it warms up it stops.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Screen burn-in issues?

I've had my N7 for over a month and I've seen that as well 4 or 5 times but it always fades away after a few seconds when it happens. I don't know if it's part of display burn-in (my screen should be burned in my now) but I'm betting it's normal and just the nature of that kind of display.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

There have been a few posts about this since launch. Search would be my friend but apparently searching and Tapatalk are not my friend tonight...

"Ghosting" is common to the screen tech used by the N7. It's nothing to worry about and I'm not sure I even notice it any more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I was just worried because it was pretty noticeable. I've been turning down the brightness when I read and it hasn't happened since. The first time I had the brightness set fairly high. As long as it doesn't become permanent I won't worry.

I don't think it's "burn in" as it's not permanent. Burn in traditionally means the screen is physically damaged. I think this is in the software somewhere as many people aren't seeing it all, most actually. It's like certain apps are more prone to it. Is it possible that the screen is fully refreshing to save battery or something? Is it only happening to people with or without auto brightness?

There are apps that flash the three colors rapidly that will remove ghosting if it sticks around long enough to be bothersome.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

At the time I had auto brightness turned off and had it set to around 50% brightness, with the screen on for 1 minute before shutting off automatically. Although within the Nook app itself it was set to whatever the default brightness is, pretty bright I can say that much. For a while I had "Bran" stuck on my screen (hey fellow Martin fans!).

Quote Originally Posted by Clak View Post
    Recently got my N7 and was reading a book through the Nook app. After I closed it out I noticed that there was a faint but noticeable area of the text still on the screen. I opened a few other things, with varying brightness levels to try and remove it and it finally worked, just wondering if anyone else has noticed it?

I have experienced the same problem with the kindle app. After a while I notice the text is still there.

This may be what happens when you watch all seasons of breaking bad at once

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013