Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By peppersprayy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WTF auto brightness turns off my screen?!

I prefer to have auto brightness enabled on my phones and tablets to help with battery life and varying lighting conditions and when I tried to set my Nexus 7 to auto it shuts my backlight completely off in dim light. I had to use a flashlight on the sensor to turn off auto brightness again. Any one else having issues?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my CR-48. ;P

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Bugless Beast

I sometimes have the same problem in mine. I I recently took a trip to Hawai'i and I kept on having to turn on the light for my seat so that the screen would brighten and then dim to a more appropriate level of brightness. Sometimes the auto brightness turns the screen down too much...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I'm using flux, which is fantastic for this, and gives a much brighter range.

Cheers

Steve

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: WTF auto brightness turns off my screen?!

Quote Originally Posted by N33k5 View Post
    I prefer to have auto brightness enabled on my phones and tablets to help with battery life and varying lighting conditions and when I tried to set my Nexus 7 to auto it shuts my backlight completely off in dim light. I had to use a flashlight on the sensor to turn off auto brightness again. Any one else having issues?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Turn off AUTO and dial the brightness down to minimum. If the screen goes off completely, you probably have a defective unit.

There's no way that auto-brightness should be turning the backlight off completely.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by natehoy View Post
    Turn off AUTO and dial the brightness down to minimum. If the screen goes off completely, you probably have a defective unit.

There's no way that auto-brightness should be turning the backlight off completely.
    Alright I'll get my RMA ready because it was doing it right out of the box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
    Sent from my CR-48. ;P

My friend had the same brightness problem and to fix it i had him do a factory reset on the Nexus 7 table. Problem is fixed now...

Below is a link for factory resetting the device.

Do a factory reset.. worked for my friend so you don't have to do the RMA..

How to factory reset the nexus 7
    KitN likes this.

Sad to say my Nexus has the same behavior. Factory reset had no effect. Back to Office Depot tomorrow. Maybe Google will let us delete device from our profile soon.

Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, Centro(AT&T), Palm Pre Plus(AT&T), Nook Color, HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note(AT&T), Nexus 7 (32), Nexus 4 (16)