What does your serial number start with?

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
So I just contacted Asus about repairing my Nexus 7 because of a bad speaker problem.the speaker worked perfectly fine until yesterday. Now the speaker rattles and sounds really metallic/tinny. They were giving me a hard time about my serial number because it started with a zero, apparently it's not supposed to. I'm just curious what everyone else's serial number start with. Oh and also if it's the same serial number on the box as it is in the system info dialogue in the settings.

Oh, apparently the serial numbers Asus uses are supposed to start with either A, B, C or 9, which obviously nine does not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
My CSSN starts with a zero, but my SSN starts with C70. I'm not sure what the CSSN is, but I am pretty sure that the SSN is the serial number. I found that it is easier to get these numbers off the box, rather than on N7 itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
So I just contacted Asus about repairing my Nexus 7 because of a bad speaker problem.the speaker worked perfectly fine until yesterday. Now the speaker rattles and sounds really metallic/tinny. They were giving me a hard time about my serial number because it started with a zero, apparently it's not supposed to. I'm just curious what everyone else's serial number start with. Oh and also if it's the same serial number on the box as it is in the system info dialogue in the settings.

Oh, apparently the serial numbers Asus uses are supposed to start with either A, B, C or 9, which obviously nine does not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

You're completely fine. There's two serial numbers and you've just read off the other one. You read the CSSN number (which is the one they usually ask for, so no idea why they have a problem with it). Apparently, they want the SSN number. That's on the box right below the CSSN number.

But if you have a problem, do NOT contact Asus. Call Google Nexus Support: http://support.google.com/nexus/?hl=en&topic=2565937 (there's a phone number on that page in blue box)

mrbates

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Play pre-order: C60--defective speaker.
Play replacement: C60--would not boot/charge after first powerdown.

Current local purchase after Play refund: C70--Purchased at Walmart last week.

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
C60, very small screen lift which I fixed and small flicker on low brightness. Preorder from GameStop, picked up 7/25

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21