Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can the Nexus 7 Multitask?? VPN/RDP issues

I am testing a Nexus 7 in a corporate environment that uses a Sonicwall appliance and RDS servers. I downloaded the Sonicwall Mobile Connect app, and the free 2X RDP app. I have used both of these on my iPhone with no problem, and also on a Motorola Photon 4G a few months ago with no problem.

What happens is when i connect to the VPN using the Mobile Connect app, it connects, but as soon as I launch the remote desktop with 2X the VPN disconnects. I have tried this on different WIFI networks (outside the office), using the IP address instead of the name to connect when inside... I have no problem doing this on other devices. It seems that the Nexus is the culprit in this case.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I wonder if it's an issue with Jelly Bean. Anyone else at work using a device with Jelly Bean that could try it?

Edit: I just looked at the reviews for Sonicwall Mobile Connect on the market and there are two posts from Nexus 7 users saying it works. Perhaps the app saves crash reports you could send the developer if the OS itself isn't giving you the option?