Loose Back Cover

BushyBollocks

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody else's back cover on their nexus 7 loose? The back cover on mine is noticeably loose on the right hand side in that when I squeeze or tap it I can hear it make contact with the front.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
No issues here mate..... mines in perfect working order....

gbears2010

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, although very minor. The problem seems to be just around the right middle portion. While there aren't any visible flaws, such as a gap between the back cover and the bezel, I can hear the two portions moving ever so slightly. How severe is your prob?

BushyBollocks

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
@gbears2010 If it is quiet in the room I can hear it when I pick it up and hold it in certain ways. It is def noticeable and therefore annoying. Looks like I'll have to exchange it as I'll never be happy with it otherwise.

Sent from my Nexus S using Android Central Forums

matterlord1

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody else's back cover on their nexus 7 loose? The back cover on mine is noticeably loose on the right hand side in that when I squeeze or tap it I can hear it make contact with the front.

I got a nexus 7 from Staples and it has just a small gap on the left side (the side with no buttons) and I've tried and it doesn't make noise but it just being there is really a disappointment in Asus and their quality inspection, and i wonder if I contact them if they will send me a free one or atleast exchange a new one for the one i currently have.

tactictaylor

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have same issue. Top of device has very noticeable gap between frame and back cover, sides are flush though. Still, on to second device as former had large dent on silvered edge, not impressed with Asus.

mlepage

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old thread about the first Nexus 7, but I just got my first Android tablet, the new model Nexus 7, earlier this week. I'm here because I have the same issue and was googling about it. Seriously, the right side of the screen, middle third, the back case is slightly loose so it sort of clicks when I hold the tablet with my right hand. I hear it, it's extremely annoying. I can see this issue affected lots of original Nexus 7, apparently the fix is to remove the back cover and tighten a screw. I may have to look into that, I don't think I could take a couple years of this annoying noise from the loose back cover.

@marc_lepage developer of NeverMaze (now in Google Play!)

Last edited:

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My N7 has had that creek sound in the right middle for as long as I have owned it (from launch). I'm hearing it right now as I fondle my tablet - annoying, I could see that but never really had it bother me that much. Just the price you pay for a nice spec tablet at a decent price.

tylerbsoccer

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, the top left corner of my nexus had a creak between the tablet and its back cover. Its not that big of a deal and does not effect its proformance, just a little annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech