Problem playing audio files

TimboSliceSliceBaby

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Why do some audio files open in Google Music, and others play in this bizarre little linear player that disappears (along with the audio) when you touch the screen?

Does anybody know how to force it to play in Google Music?

Additional info:
I downloaded the exact same files on my GNexus, and they added themselves to my Google Music library when I opened them from Astro File Manager. But on my N7, I couldn't get them to open other than in the goofy little audio player you see in the picture. What gives?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Yonderkthx

May 16, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly how it works in ES File Explorer too. Part of the filebrowsing app nature I guess..it's more of a preview than a full-fledged player. Google Play Music is designed to be very uncomplicated, so try searching for the album/folder by artist or song name with Google Search or searching inside the Play Music app. If it doesn't show up, try to refresh Google Play Music to detect for added files.

Yonderkthx

May 16, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't show up in Google Play Music on your N7, delete the cache data and let it repopulate that way. In my experience I've found refreshing the library doesn't help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech