Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Problem streaming video on Nexus 7

I too have this problem, rolled back YouTube, cleared cache, cleared data, reboot, same issue, very annoy I g
    Having a Google flagship tablet not able to stream video on a Google app, hopefully a fix comes soon

I too have this problem, rolled back YouTube, cleared cache, cleared data, reboot, same issue, very annoying
    Having a Google flagship tablet not able to stream video on a Google app, hopefully a fix comes soon

Same problem here. App worked great for the first few weeks now it's basically unusable. I'm quite aggravated.

Same here

Having this problem, too. HBO Go and TV Portal both cannot stream for more than a few seconds at a time. HBO even tells me to connect to a stronger Wi-Fi connection and switches the stream to audio only. Happens on my 4g hotspot connection and speedy Comcast cable at home. Did a reset a couple weeks ago, don't want to do it again. Seriously considering iPad mini.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I found a solution to this; go into Settings, Developer Options, and place a tick in the box for Force GPU Rendering.

EDIT: Scrap that, it didn't work.
    Last edited by -zed; 11-26-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Add me to the list of people with streaming problems. Worked great for the first month and then same problems as explained here. Will they these suggestions when I get home today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Youtube was playing fine but occasionally had audio glitches with HD playback. I tried every solution but nothing worked 100 percent. Tried different router, B/G/N connects at 2.4 and at 5ghz, nothing helped, except...
    I installed FAUX's latest Nexus 7 kernel and now Youtube plays perfectly. Even tried a fresh install with different Kernels and his seemed like the only one that eliminated the problem. I didn't revert to stock so not sure if the problem exists with that setup, but for Rooted folks, this worked for me

I am having the same issue. Bought nexus 7 two days back and the issue of buffering of videos started right from the beginning ! Just now took out my iPad and watched the same video without a glitch !

Just read a thread over at xda in which Google Currents was found to be the cause.

Go to Google currents and go to settings. Now click disable background apps then reboot. Viola
    Will try it when I get home tonight and report back.

EDIT: I think he meant Voila, or perhaps it was a reference to the N7 returning to the finely tuned instrument that it is.

My S3 would be the violin, N7 viola, Laptop cello, desktop bass.
    redwood likes this.

Not helping. Tried the suggestion. Watching a video has become a pain.

Has anyone that has had this issue with Youtube streaming seen anything similar with Netflix streaming?

The few times I have streamed video from Youtube it has worked fine, but I tried streaming a movie via Netflix the other night (I usually use my 10" tablet for Netflix) and it borked completely a couple of times. It just hung with the circling notification that it was buffering and I had to restart the Netflix app. My network isn't the problem and I don't have Network streaming issues with any of my umpteen other devices. Just the N7.

Thoughts?

-Suntan

hi friends,

i gt the device yesterday and none of the videos from any site is working? are there any fixes?

Is there any email address on which I can reach nexus 7 support. I don't stay in US and am unable to reach them on phone. Regards

I have a nexus phone with this exact issue. Only happens with WiFi not cell data which is odd since the speed test proves much faster on WiFi. I cleared cache and moved it back to factory installed version but to no avail. I don't have anything called Google current either. Not sure what else to do. I should also mention the video shows loaded past where it's playing so it almost appears to be separate from the cause of normal lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Has anyone that has had this issue with Youtube streaming seen anything similar with Netflix streaming?

The few times I have streamed video from Youtube it has worked fine, but I tried streaming a movie via Netflix the other night (I usually use my 10" tablet for Netflix) and it borked completely a couple of times. It just hung with the circling notification that it was buffering and I had to restart the Netflix app. My network isn't the problem and I don't have Network streaming issues with any of my umpteen other devices. Just the N7.

Thoughts?

-Suntan
    Sounds like a typical Android OS issue -- some poorly behaved app decided to run in the background and zapped your memory pointers but that's just a guess. Netflix is capable of doing that all on its own as well but background app is more likely.

The google currents thingy didn't work out. It's still buffering like crazy. it's just so frustrating. :P

Hi Guys.
    I am new to this forum and I need help. Just got a Nexus 7 for Christmas and already having problems with video streaming on YouTube. I am from the UK and don't know how to fix this so please help . Ben

Hello again guys.
    Just went on YouTube and used the desktop version and the video streaming worked fine. But when you use the mobile version video streaming it buffers every 5 seconds or so. So is this the problem, so can someone else try this and let me know. Cheers Ben

Settings, WiFi, advanced, uncheck WiFi optimization. This finally fixed my issues.

Having same reported problem streaming video on Nexus 7. Unable to view a simple food network cooking video. I sure hope I didn't make a mistake going with this tablet. Network signal is good in my home...other devices work fine. Comments please...

I uninstalled YouTube app and then reinstalled, and it is working fine Noe

Settings, WiFi, advanced, uncheck WiFi optimization. This finally fixed my issues.
    That fixed for me. Thanks.

Sent from planet earth

I have tired a lot of things to fix this issue but nothing works. The last few days I'm also experiencing some poor speeds with loading YouTube app. I click on a video and it takes YouTube about 2 mins to load the video. I have a 60mb virgin media line. With a Speed test I get 25mb over WiFi.

I do thing every problem we have atm is down to YouTube.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but I have just watched two 15 mins HQ videos full screen on utube with no problems. In fact I dragged forwarded a few minutes and it reloaded in less than two seconds.
    JB 4.2.1 and on default settigs ( well I haven't changed anything).
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast