Problem streaming video on Nexus 7

wjfrye

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Actually I missed spoke. So heres what I did - first I went into settings then apps. Under YouTube I cleared all data and cleared all cache. I then uninstalled the YouTube update. But I never rebooted. I then uninstalled flash and rebooted and my problem went away so I associated the problem with flash. However, I probably shud have rebooted after clearing data, cache and rolling back. I think that is what fixed my issue not removing flash. I will reinstall flash just to see if it really wasn't flash and let u know. But my prob has cleared after doing the above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

KMANWEBER

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I joined just to chime in on this subject. My nexus 7 also has had recent buffering issues in youtube. I upgraded my G router to a new N router. Need to be done, but not for this issue!!!!

I did as you wjfrye suggested. I rolled back youtube to the factory install version. Eureka!! No more buffering issues. Thank you so much. I was about to add access points all over my house, but hesitated because all my other devices were fine. Thanks for figuring out the issue. You literally saved me hundreds of dollars on ethernet and WAP's.

Now, if I could just resolve the flickering screen issue!!!

Pistonhead78

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually I missed spoke. So heres what I did - first I went into settings then apps. Under YouTube I cleared all data and cleared all cache. I then uninstalled the YouTube update. But I never rebooted. I then uninstalled flash and rebooted and my problem went away so I associated the problem with flash. However, I probably shud have rebooted after clearing data, cache and rolling back. I think that is what fixed my issue not removing flash. I will reinstall flash just to see if it really wasn't flash and let u know. But my prob has cleared after doing the above.

Has everyone's problem been solved? I'm still having issues :-(

bruce1324

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I still have the problem also, worked fine for about 2 weeks, now I can't play movies or youtube videos ... starting to get pissed .... out of the box the headset port didn't work, but I let it go because the bluetooth worked fine and I prefer cordless listening ..... Also when I try to watch a movie I get a "Can't fetch licenses (error -3) ?????

21gunz4u

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I too have this problem, rolled back YouTube, cleared cache, cleared data, reboot, same issue, very annoy I g
Having a Google flagship tablet not able to stream video on a Google app, hopefully a fix comes soon

21gunz4u

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I too have this problem, rolled back YouTube, cleared cache, cleared data, reboot, same issue, very annoying
Having a Google flagship tablet not able to stream video on a Google app, hopefully a fix comes soon

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Having this problem, too. HBO Go and TV Portal both cannot stream for more than a few seconds at a time. HBO even tells me to connect to a stronger Wi-Fi connection and switches the stream to audio only. Happens on my 4g hotspot connection and speedy Comcast cable at home. Did a reset a couple weeks ago, don't want to do it again. Seriously considering iPad mini.

-zed

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I found a solution to this; go into Settings, Developer Options, and place a tick in the box for Force GPU Rendering.

EDIT: Scrap that, it didn't work.

Last edited:

kedesa

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list of people with streaming problems. Worked great for the first month and then same problems as explained here. Will they these suggestions when I get home today.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kurigowa

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Youtube was playing fine but occasionally had audio glitches with HD playback. I tried every solution but nothing worked 100 percent. Tried different router, B/G/N connects at 2.4 and at 5ghz, nothing helped, except...
I installed FAUX's latest Nexus 7 kernel and now Youtube plays perfectly. Even tried a fresh install with different Kernels and his seemed like the only one that eliminated the problem. I didn't revert to stock so not sure if the problem exists with that setup, but for Rooted folks, this worked for me

Sham Bhat

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Bought nexus 7 two days back and the issue of buffering of videos started right from the beginning ! Just now took out my iPad and watched the same video without a glitch !

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Just read a thread over at xda in which Google Currents was found to be the cause.

Go to Google currents and go to settings. Now click disable background apps then reboot. Viola

Will try it when I get home tonight and report back.

EDIT: I think he meant Voila, or perhaps it was a reference to the N7 returning to the finely tuned instrument that it is.

My S3 would be the violin, N7 viola, Laptop cello, desktop bass.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone that has had this issue with Youtube streaming seen anything similar with Netflix streaming?

The few times I have streamed video from Youtube it has worked fine, but I tried streaming a movie via Netflix the other night (I usually use my 10" tablet for Netflix) and it borked completely a couple of times. It just hung with the circling notification that it was buffering and I had to restart the Netflix app. My network isn't the problem and I don't have Network streaming issues with any of my umpteen other devices. Just the N7.

Thoughts?

-Suntan

AWalle

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a nexus phone with this exact issue. Only happens with WiFi not cell data which is odd since the speed test proves much faster on WiFi. I cleared cache and moved it back to factory installed version but to no avail. I don't have anything called Google current either. Not sure what else to do. I should also mention the video shows loaded past where it's playing so it almost appears to be separate from the cause of normal lag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol