How to view files?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. I don't know of any built-in file manager in Android.

ES File Explorer is free, pretty lightweight, and supports Local, LAN, bluetooth, FTP, and Network (including Box, Sugarsync, Dropbox, Skydrive, GoogleDrive, s3, Yandex, and UbuntuOne) all in one little no-nonsense package.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Android is a mobile OS made to keep the end-user out of the file system so vendors can sell devices and media that end-users are unlikely to mess up by playing with the system files.

It is also made to run apps not be run like an app.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I like both Solid Explorer and ES File Explorer, but I tend to use Solid Explorer more often because I like the interface a little more and it has widgets that directly open a folder of your choice. Both get the job done, both have pluses and minuses, and both are free. So try both and see what you like.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the recommendation.

It just seems odd to me that there wouldn't be a built in program to do this.
Mobile devices are not meant to be that way... if you look at BB,iOS,WP7 all work the same way. so no surprise there.. at least Android have an option to run file explorer...

I use ES file explorer and it works perfectly.

MantisToboggan

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to Android and I always heard how open and customizable it is. I've never liked that my iPhones wouldn't let you use it as storage and people said that Android would. So it just seemed odd that there isn't a way to view your files right on the system. Not a big deal, I'll use a third party app.