I Almost Jumped off the Android Ship

rustycaterpillar

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
OK so I have been seriously contemplating leaving android for apple for the last 9 months. Here is why. I have an HTC Incredible and I have had nothing but issues with it constantly running out of internal memory when it really isnt, the hardware is not all that great and even with the extended battery I cant get through a day.

Then along comes the Nexus 7. This is my first tablet and my plan was for an iPad until I saw this device. I admit the price was a huge draw but the Jelly Bean OS looked so much better than my Incredible that I had to try it.

I just got it a week ago and I love it. I find myself sitting in front of my computer using the N7 instead of the computer. The OS is light years ahead of what I have on my incredible.

I am happy I didnt go to the dark side and am now in the hunt to replace this crappy phone.

What devices should I be looking at?(stuck with Verizon for work) Ideally I want the N7 but in a phone.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: sentinelred

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you really like that vanilla android, I would go with the next lineup of nexus devices this fall.

If you need to act fast, go with either the galaxy s3 or the new incredible lte. You might be used to sense instead of touchwiz. Both are good phones, but I think the incredible is $50 less or something.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Nexus phone like other suggested.
you would think that iphone dont have any frustration but you are wrong.
my friends iphone die out in 12-14 hours.. he keeps a charger in office and in his car

Chillidog66

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If your interested in the gnex you should wait fot the next Nexus phone if you can wait.

Sent from my Galaxy s3 using Android Central Forums

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I can wait a couple months I guess. How long till it hits?

It's all rumor, there are no details let alone a release date. Could be September, could be March. If you hate your current phone that much and qualify for an update, I'd go ahead & get something. My stress level went down a ton when I replaced my OG Droid. The hardware and OS have both come a long way.

I may have to get another phone here right away, and my short list is Galaxy S3 or Razr Maxx. Probably the S3 - better hardware (aside from battery), more features, potential for larger aftermarket battery (which would take away the Maxx's one real advantage), and depending on how much internal memory you get, it's the same price or cheaper.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I can wait a couple months I guess. How long till it hits?

I just canceled my Galaxy Nexus contract with Verizon because with the MiFi 4510L I also have with Verizon lets me use the Nexus 7 as a phone with Google Voice. Now instead of $130 amonth I only pay $50 and get unlimited text, talk, and 5gb data per month. I also don't have to worry about when I want to upgrade my tablet conflicting with contract renew dates anymore.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
the MiFi 4510L I also have with Verizon lets me use the Nexus 7 as a phone with Google Voice...

They let you...but you don't, right?
I thought a Note looked ridiculous on the side of a person's head, I don't dare to imagine a 7-inch tablet!

Anyone want a well used HTC Incredible?

After reading your initial post...LoL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jdw71

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought the Incredible was a great phone. It was prob. the best phone I have ever had but it is just so old now and you are right the new OS is great. I have the Bionic which is getting better since I got the ICS update but it still has a lot of problems and I would not recommend that phone at all. I actually was just offered the rezound for the bionic from verizon because of the problems it has which I am still debating. By the way I am absolutley loving the Nexus7 by FAR the best android device I have ever owned. Good luck with what ever phone you decide on.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
They let you...but you don't, right?
I thought a Note looked ridiculous on the side of a person's head, I don't dare to imagine a 7-inch tablet!

After reading your initial post...LoL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Why hold it to my head? There is no ear piece speaker and the mic works across a quiet room. The Nexus 7 also works very well with bluetooth headsets. So yes I most definitely use it as my main communication device.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought the Incredible was a great phone. It was prob. the best phone I have ever had but it is just so old now and you are right the new OS is great. I have the Bionic which is getting better since I got the ICS update but it still has a lot of problems and I would not recommend that phone at all. I actually was just offered the rezound for the bionic from verizon because of the problems it has which I am still debating. By the way I am absolutley loving the Nexus7 by FAR the best android device I have ever owned. Good luck with what ever phone you decide on.

Do it! The Rezound is a great phone, even more after the ICS update.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bfk394

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
VZW Nexus. Side charger and spare battery. Jellybean will be on it legitimately soon. And it is a rock solid stable phone (mine is anyway) if not I'd get the Maxx. Considering the S3 is almost the same dual core phone as well. As someone mentioned above there are no details about the next gen Nexus. Not even rumors. I'd assume that means nothing major if at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Why hold it to my head? There is no ear piece speaker and the mic works across a quiet room. The Nexus 7 also works very well with bluetooth headsets. So yes I most definitely use it as my main communication device.

How are you using Google Voice to make calls?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance