Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Tablet Talk

    So I have been trying to get my N7 to connect to my phone using Tablet Talk. I have tried both wifi and bt. I have read the help section from end to end. There isn't much available on Google as far as help goes. Anyone got any suggestions? I know that wifi can be iffy because of router config, but bt should be pretty straight forward! I'm at a loss. Anyone out there use this app and wanna help out?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    I couldn't get it to work either. Still trying to get a refund. The developer is non-responsive.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    Look at the bottom of the app when open will show red, yellow or green connect button when connected.
    It will have a ip address that changes from time to time..make sure phone has the same ip in settings..(example 10.0.0.2 once in a while it changes to 10.0.0.3)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    Yea I understand the IP address possibly changing (though in my case it has not). However, this does not explain why it will not connect over bluetooth. The only thing I can surmise is that the app is sh#t.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default

    If it isn't working for you there is an app called MYSMS. Works the same but my cell is not allowed on Wifi at work and my tablet is, but still functions as long as both have a data connection.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeapoGreenhit View Post
    So I have been trying to get my N7 to connect to my phone using Tablet Talk. I have tried both wifi and bt. I have read the help section from end to end. There isn't much available on Google as far as help goes. Anyone got any suggestions? I know that wifi can be iffy because of router config, but bt should be pretty straight forward! I'm at a loss. Anyone out there use this app and wanna help out?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    It works very well for me using WiFi. Check that both the phone and tablet are using the same IP address.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Thanks but MYSMS says it isn't compatible with my device. Are you using it on N7?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  
    elach4018's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    It has always worked for me using BlueTooth and auto-connect. So I don't know what to tell you about why it might not be working.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    I've managed to connect via BT haven't had any problems, even transfering photos, no problems at all,you have to pair both devices and confirm code.
    Good luck!
  10. #10  

    Default

    I couldn't get it working either. It was the N7 not picking up Bluetooth properly, couldnt see my phone or any other device on the room even though all other Devices could see each other.
    Went with mysms instead, works great.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    So I got it to work on a different wifi network. I use opendns on my router t home, and i'm guessing it's causing a conflict. That still doesn't explain why it wouldn't connect via bluetooth, even when the phone and N7 are paired. Idk.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    I use it with bluetooth because I also use wifi tether at the same time. Both working great, I always have wifi internet with my HTC Rezound on 3G/4G, and my Tablet Talk works great with SMS/MMS.
  13. #13  
    vzwty's Avatar

    Posts
    189 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeapoGreenhit View Post
    Thanks but MYSMS says it isn't compatible with my device. Are you using it on N7?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Its compatible with the nexus 7, you have to download the tablet version

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    get google voice instead, less hassle everything is integrated
  15. #15  
    jdauria's Avatar

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    I am having trouble pairing N7 with my S3...
    I tried everything, wondering if I'll be able to get my money back
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    I couldn't get it to connect with Wifi, but Bluetooth works great. Sometimes I have to reboot both devices to get it to connect, but if I do that, it always connects. I have both devices set so that bluetooth comes on as soon as I start up the app.
  17. #17  
    jdauria's Avatar

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiermama2799 View Post
    I couldn't get it to connect with Wifi, but Bluetooth works great. Sometimes I have to reboot both devices to get it to connect, but if I do that, it always connects. I have both devices set so that bluetooth comes on as soon as I start up the app.
    I've tried both ways. Trying to focus more on Bluetooth connect. I'll try the reboot method.

    Anyone mind providing step by step instructions?
  18. #18  
    vito032's Avatar

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

    Default

    I just downloaded this out looks pretty cool. I couldn't get move to connect either. Butfrom what I read in there help section if your devices are already paired you need to impair them first. Then try again.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  
    jdauria's Avatar

    Posts
    163 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by vito032 View Post
    I just downloaded this out looks pretty cool. I couldn't get move to connect either. Butfrom what I read in there help section if your devices are already paired you need to impair them first. Then try again.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    I've tried the last two days. Pairing and unpairing and its still not connecting via Bluetooth or WiFi
  20. #20  
    kidkamel's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    726 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    I'm guessing this won't work with an iPhone

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    What moves you!
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    I gave up after three days and too many hours of trying everything.

    Uninstalled. Money and time wasted.

    Phone is Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE.

    Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.
  22. #22  
    vito032's Avatar

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    Ok I got my to connect through bluetooth. And heres how I did it. First you have to unpair your phone from your tablet I just unpaired everything. that was easy cause I only had my bluetooth headset paired as well. Then on the phone and tablet you need to change the password. Open tablet talk settings/ setup/ password at first it will say change this. The next time I did the bluetooth setup it worked no problem at all. I hope this work some of you.
    Beacio_mo likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by vito032 View Post
    Ok I got my to connect through bluetooth. And heres how I did it. First you have to unpair your phone from your tablet I just unpaired everything. that was easy cause I only had my bluetooth headset paired as well. Then on the phone and tablet you need to change the password. Open tablet talk settings/ setup/ password at first it will say change this. The next time I did the bluetooth setup it worked no problem at all. I hope this work some of you.
    I love to flash ROMs and this seems to be the easiest way to pair my phone with my N7 after each rom, otherwise it won't connect for me.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    Just an update: got it to work via wifi a day or so after posting this. Now I use it almost everyday.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  
    credo's Avatar

    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default Re: Tablet Talk

    I have been using it for a month and love it. Sometimes it will disconnect, and but all you need to do is press connect and it's good to go.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B