Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tablet Talk

So I have been trying to get my N7 to connect to my phone using Tablet Talk. I have tried both wifi and bt. I have read the help section from end to end. There isn't much available on Google as far as help goes. Anyone got any suggestions? I know that wifi can be iffy because of router config, but bt should be pretty straight forward! I'm at a loss. Anyone out there use this app and wanna help out?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Tablet Talk

I couldn't get it to work either. Still trying to get a refund. The developer is non-responsive.

Look at the bottom of the app when open will show red, yellow or green connect button when connected.
    It will have a ip address that changes from time to time..make sure phone has the same ip in settings..(example 10.0.0.2 once in a while it changes to 10.0.0.3)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yea I understand the IP address possibly changing (though in my case it has not). However, this does not explain why it will not connect over bluetooth. The only thing I can surmise is that the app is sh#t.

If it isn't working for you there is an app called MYSMS. Works the same but my cell is not allowed on Wifi at work and my tablet is, but still functions as long as both have a data connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by TeapoGreenhit View Post
    So I have been trying to get my N7 to connect to my phone using Tablet Talk. I have tried both wifi and bt. I have read the help section from end to end. There isn't much available on Google as far as help goes. Anyone got any suggestions? I know that wifi can be iffy because of router config, but bt should be pretty straight forward! I'm at a loss. Anyone out there use this app and wanna help out?

It works very well for me using WiFi. Check that both the phone and tablet are using the same IP address.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks but MYSMS says it isn't compatible with my device. Are you using it on N7?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

It has always worked for me using BlueTooth and auto-connect. So I don't know what to tell you about why it might not be working.

I've managed to connect via BT haven't had any problems, even transfering photos, no problems at all,you have to pair both devices and confirm code.
    Good luck!

I couldn't get it working either. It was the N7 not picking up Bluetooth properly, couldnt see my phone or any other device on the room even though all other Devices could see each other.
    Went with mysms instead, works great.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

So I got it to work on a different wifi network. I use opendns on my router t home, and i'm guessing it's causing a conflict. That still doesn't explain why it wouldn't connect via bluetooth, even when the phone and N7 are paired. Idk.

I use it with bluetooth because I also use wifi tether at the same time. Both working great, I always have wifi internet with my HTC Rezound on 3G/4G, and my Tablet Talk works great with SMS/MMS.

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TeapoGreenhit View Post
    Thanks but MYSMS says it isn't compatible with my device. Are you using it on N7?

Its compatible with the nexus 7, you have to download the tablet version

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

get google voice instead, less hassle everything is integrated

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

I am having trouble pairing N7 with my S3...
    I tried everything, wondering if I'll be able to get my money back

I couldn't get it to connect with Wifi, but Bluetooth works great. Sometimes I have to reboot both devices to get it to connect, but if I do that, it always connects. I have both devices set so that bluetooth comes on as soon as I start up the app.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiermama2799 View Post
    I couldn't get it to connect with Wifi, but Bluetooth works great. Sometimes I have to reboot both devices to get it to connect, but if I do that, it always connects. I have both devices set so that bluetooth comes on as soon as I start up the app.
    I've tried both ways. Trying to focus more on Bluetooth connect. I'll try the reboot method.

Anyone mind providing step by step instructions?

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

I just downloaded this out looks pretty cool. I couldn't get move to connect either. Butfrom what I read in there help section if your devices are already paired you need to impair them first. Then try again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vito032 View Post
    I just downloaded this out looks pretty cool. I couldn't get move to connect either. Butfrom what I read in there help section if your devices are already paired you need to impair them first. Then try again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    I've tried the last two days. Pairing and unpairing and its still not connecting via Bluetooth or WiFi

Global Posts
    726 Global Posts

I'm guessing this won't work with an iPhone

What moves you!

I gave up after three days and too many hours of trying everything.

Uninstalled. Money and time wasted.

Phone is Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Ok I got my to connect through bluetooth. And heres how I did it. First you have to unpair your phone from your tablet I just unpaired everything. that was easy cause I only had my bluetooth headset paired as well. Then on the phone and tablet you need to change the password. Open tablet talk settings/ setup/ password at first it will say change this. The next time I did the bluetooth setup it worked no problem at all. I hope this work some of you.
    Beacio_mo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vito032 View Post
    Ok I got my to connect through bluetooth. And heres how I did it. First you have to unpair your phone from your tablet I just unpaired everything. that was easy cause I only had my bluetooth headset paired as well. Then on the phone and tablet you need to change the password. Open tablet talk settings/ setup/ password at first it will say change this. The next time I did the bluetooth setup it worked no problem at all. I hope this work some of you.
    I love to flash ROMs and this seems to be the easiest way to pair my phone with my N7 after each rom, otherwise it won't connect for me.

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Just an update: got it to work via wifi a day or so after posting this. Now I use it almost everyday.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

I have been using it for a month and love it. Sometimes it will disconnect, and but all you need to do is press connect and it's good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast