Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default Re: Best way to send/receive text messages on Nexus 7?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post
    Tablet Talk works great but the one thing that it fails at is auto syncing. Both my phone and tablet connect to the wifi network but despite it's settings in the menu, never syncs automatically. I always have to manually connect both devices.
    I also dont like the fact that tablet talk doesnt automatically sync, until that is fixed im using syncsms.

Quote Originally Posted by Small_law View Post
    Google Voice should be in the Play Store. Search "pub:Google Inc." to find it.

I'm a full-time Voice user. I ported my number two years ago and I love it. You can't make calls from non phone devices, but texts and voicemail work flawlessly.
    You can make calls from your nexus7 with google voice but you need another app to do so. I've been using GrooVe IP Lite from google play. It word great!

+1 for Tablet Talk for my N7 and Evo 4G LTE. It has a tiny widget that you can use on the N7. works flawlessly for me both BT and Wifi.

I have a Galaxy Nexus 7 tablet and Nexus 4G phone..... I am really loving the mysms app! Thanks y'all

I use Tablet Talk. This is my first tablet and I read good reviews on it, so far no issues with it. It does what it is supposed to and you can have it work over WiFi or Bluetooth.
    Last edited by Tainayersiel; 10-16-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Don't you need to either a) have cell phone service on the Nexus 7 b) connect to your phone via blue tooth / wifi???

It doesn't sound too efficient battery wise or practicality wise... Am I missing something here?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Tainayersiel View Post
    I use Tablet Talk. This is my first tablet and I read good reviews on it, so far no issues with it. It does what it is supposed to and you can have it work over WiFi or Bluetooth.
    I tried that app on my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 it works but it does not stay connected to my Bluetooth.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I've just started using Tablet Talk and it can be a bit hit & miss with it's connection if you're using a battery-saving app like Juice Defender.

~Jaqi~
    Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by steve10brink View Post
    You can make calls from your nexus7 with google voice but you need another app to do so. I've been using GrooVe IP Lite from google play. It word great!
    Is that a Nexus 7 limitation or does Google disable that functionality if it detects Android? Because I can use Google Voice to make calls from my Windows computer at home.

I might then be a peculiar one.
    I've just got myself my first tablet, which ended up being a very handy Google Nexus 7, but I do not own a Android-phone, alas, I use an iPhone 4S.

Is there any way I can send texts/SMS via my new tablet?

I am waiting for Pinger Textfree to make their app compatible with the nexus 7, my wife and I use that to communicate with text from our respective iPod.

I believe Pinger textfree uses flash and that is why is not available to download on the nexus 7

What I like about Pinger v Tablet Talk is that Pinger assigns you a phone number and tablet talk works in conjunction with your cell phone number. Anyone who has your assigned Pinger phone number can send you text.

Sent from planet earth

I just installed tablet talk but how do I get it to display my contact names and not numbers?

So I'm using tablet talk and I have synced my Google contacts but on the conversation list it doesn't show the contact name, rather the contact phone #. I have played around with all the settings and no luck. Anyone experience this?

Mighty Text works great on my N7 and Galaxy Nexus.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

As my phone/tablet aren't often on the same network (due to unlimited data, I tend to keep WiFi off on my phone), I use DeskSMS/TabletSMS.

Mysms works great for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

I use Might Text, too. The tablet version was just released yesterday, and works really well. I had been using the beta for a few months.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ive been using mighty text with my phone, ive even had messages missing on my phone that MText picked up. Awesome app

Hi, any ideas how to sync sms from Nokia 5310 with Nexus 7? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Small_law View Post
    Google Voice should be in the Play Store. Search "pub:Google Inc." to find it.

I'm a full-time Voice user. I ported my number two years ago and I love it. You can't make calls from non phone devices, but texts and voicemail work flawlessly.
    I have don this as well and I use the voice app but am having trouble sending pics as texts. I want to continue using my voice number any suggestions???

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Mighty Text. I've been using it on my PC for awhile and really like it, now it's on my N7. Best of all it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by SweKiwi View Post
    I might then be a peculiar one.
    I've just got myself my first tablet, which ended up being a very handy Google Nexus 7, but I do not own a Android-phone, alas, I use an iPhone 4S.

Is there any way I can send texts/SMS via my new tablet?
    Don't know if you ever received an answer. For your 4S go to app store and download mysms messenger. During the install a pin will be texted to your phone. Enter the pin and also let mysms access your contacts. Also include the 4S telephone number in the appropriate window. Finish install. Next go to Google play and purchase mysms tablet. Install. With both services on the same network the texting will work fine; at least it does with my 4S and N7. To send a text go to new message or whatever it's called and enter the first letter of the intended recipient. That should launch a list of your contacts beginning with that letter. It also transmits/receives MMS (pics). Good luck.
    GKWANNABE likes this.

It's my understanding and experience mysms is cross-platform. IOS phone with android tablet and android phone with iPad. If the phone is android you can text with anyone (so to speak). If it's an iPhone then each texting partner must have mysms. That's due to the control phreak nature of Apple and that's why I gave my new iPad to my daughter. Probably give up my iPhone before it's all over. Can't deal with their control, ignorance, and stupid business practices. How they think it's smart to limit app features and capabilities offered in their store is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, their products are top quality. Their decision makers in other areas are lacking. IMO they're only hurting themselves.

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts

Tablet talk but this mighty text you speak of is intriguing me.
    Galaxy Note II
    Nexus 7

Hi there, I am new to the android world and am wondering if mysms will be the best app to get if this is my only android device, I do not have an android phone.
    Thanks
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast