Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Best way to send/receive text messages on Nexus 7?

I use mysms, does a pretty good job syncing everything together, although does sometimes take a while for messages to actually send.

I use MooMle and I manage all the text from my e-mail account.

Regards
    Nevi

Wow That was a bunch of info. I little ??? but this is what I have if you could read my few pieces of knowledge and questions

1. It is harder to text on wifi with no phone service/internet...which of those 2 is it that is necessary

2. Google Voice can be used to text on Tablet, but you need a phone account

3. I have tried 2 of the top in Play Store, TextPlus & Mighty Text, and the third that it seems is most liked is Tablet Talk

a. On Text Plus, which got amazing reviews, they give you some odd phone number. I can get messages sent back to me, but I cannot get it synced with the phone. in other words, a text to my phone only goes to my phone. One to Text Plus only goes to that app. It says I have a phone linked, but idk??

b. Mighty Text is nice and simple, and is synced with phone, and the notifications come pretty quick. But when I hit sync, it does not sync the messages as far as what ones were deleted on the phone or vice versa. It takes forever to delete one message. And there is no way to delete multiple messages.

c. I will try Tablet Talk, unless I read wrong and there were more recommended ones than that WITH WiFi. Does that send notifications right away. Can you delete and they will be deleted off both devices?

So any help on those 3 issues would be most grateful. Thanks so much
    Eric

If you are on Verizon get the Verizon Messaging app. It uses your phone # and makes texting a breeze on my Nexus 7 2013 wireless only. Easy to set up and it's a good interface with a lot of features. I was amazed that they actually made something good and useful. I also use the Vonage app for outgoing calls on my Nexus. Works the same way.

I have tried all you mention below but Mighty Text has been the go to and most reliable. Also has actively been updated to keep up with current and future Kit Kat

Quote Originally Posted by eric0668 View Post
    Wow That was a bunch of info. I little ??? but this is what I have if you could read my few pieces of knowledge and questions

1. It is harder to text on wifi with no phone service/internet...which of those 2 is it that is necessary

2. Google Voice can be used to text on Tablet, but you need a phone account

3. I have tried 2 of the top in Play Store, TextPlus & Mighty Text, and the third that it seems is most liked is Tablet Talk

a. On Text Plus, which got amazing reviews, they give you some odd phone number. I can get messages sent back to me, but I cannot get it synced with the phone. in other words, a text to my phone only goes to my phone. One to Text Plus only goes to that app. It says I have a phone linked, but idk??

b. Mighty Text is nice and simple, and is synced with phone, and the notifications come pretty quick. But when I hit sync, it does not sync the messages as far as what ones were deleted on the phone or vice versa. It takes forever to delete one message. And there is no way to delete multiple messages.

c. I will try Tablet Talk, unless I read wrong and there were more recommended ones than that WITH WiFi. Does that send notifications right away. Can you delete and they will be deleted off both devices?

So any help on those 3 issues would be most grateful. Thanks so much
    Eric

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234