Won't authenticate!

Mystic1987

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So i got my new n7 today and it finds my network and shows excellent strength, but as soon as I select it and type in my password it drops to poor signal and won't authenticate...

MajesticFlame

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
No, mac filtering is a setting on the wireless router. If it's on you won't be able to connect until you add the tablet's mac address to it.

You can't check the tablet's mac address until after you get it to connect so the easiest thing to do is temporarily disable mac filtering on your router (if it is actually on of course). Once you connect you can look up the mac address on your tablet, add it to the list on your router and turn filtering back on.

MajesticFlame

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
And you are certain you've entered the password correctly? I know that sounds silly but I've miss-typed my own a few times in a row. You could also disable wireless security temporarily just to see if you could connect that way.

Mystic1987

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I tried the password 4 times. I found another thread through google where someone had this same issue and it worked via the WPS, so I'm gonna try that when I get home. I'll also try disabling the security and hope for the best lol.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What worked for me was to turn off the device, unplug my router, unplug my modem and also removed the backup battery in it. Then in reverse order I plugged the modem back in, the router back in and let it all power up. Then lastly I turned on my Nexus 7. Connected immediately.

dnightangel

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem after updating to 4.2. Solved by rebooting modem, router and device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20