Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: My new Nexus 7 not charging

1. Plug-in your dead N7 to a wall charger. (Jump immediately to step 2.)
    2. Immediately after plugging it in, press Volume Down and Power at the same time.
    3. Once in the bootloader menu, use Volume Down until you see Power Off Device.
    4. Choose that option with the Power button.
    5. Once your device is off, unplug the charger and then plug it back into the device.

Thank you for the suggestion !!
    I opened the back cover, and pushed the battery lead (around 5-6 multi-coloured wires coming out of the battery) into its socket until it clicked into place.
    I wasn't looking forward to the whole process of returning the tablet and waiting for a replacement.
    Thanked by:

Hi all - I popped open the back cover but I am not sure which plug you guys are referring to. Is it the multicolored one? It seems to be securely locked in I guess. Please Help!

Yeah, it's the one with several coloured wires...

This absolutely worked man, thanx a bunch, you saved my friday , i use my nexus for pandora and really makes my day go by great and fast on fridays
    Thanx again for the post

Pry open the back of the Nexus 7 (be careful - Google instructions on how to do this). Press down on the battery on all corners and in the middle, making sure the battery is firmly in place. Put the back cover back onto the Nexus 7. Turn on the Nexus 7, and voila, problem is solved. Nexus 7 is now fully charged!

Also had this problem.
    Removed back, easy to do, no loose wires to worry about.
    Battery was disconnected.
    You need to lift battery out, as it is slightly sticky (so it won't move) and then replug it in.
    Press battery back into place and replace cover.
    Bingo, will now charge.

Thumbs up Re: My new Nexus 7 not charging

Hello I had an issue with my NEXUS which wasn't charging in fact. I tried everything, plugged it on the computer but nothing. Then I read in a forum to open the back and check if the battery was correctly plugged. I did it unplugged the battery first and re-plugged it carefully and properly. Result: my NEXUS 7 is working perfectly.
    I hope you'll solve your problem.
    Thanked by:

I bought a Nexus 7 yesterday and out of the box it would not power up or charge. Tried all the hacks, nothing worked. Took it back. Went to another store and had them open another one and try to power it before buying, same thing. Sucks cause I really wanted a N7. Bought a Galaxy 2 7 inch instead.
    Nexus 4 16 gig w/ cheapo rugged case

hi ,i bought my nexus about 3 months ago,ive never had a problem with it until i let it die while it was one,so i go to charge it ,nothing,so i wait for about 20 min ,still nothing,so i try another charger,and i notice that the charger fits better then the one that came with it,i notice the asus charger is very loose,weird right,but the one that doesnt go with it,fit perfectly,and my tablet started charging,figures right? i think its the charger,not the tablet,so make sure you check that first ok? good luck

You are a lifesaver!!! Thank you! This worked flawlessly....My Nexus 7 kept restarting every time I tried to charge it. This solved my problem!

Thanks Man! Saved my bacon. I dropped my Nexus7 and the drop was another to disconnect the battery, so all good now!

Thumbs up Re: My new Nexus 7 not charging

This is the tried time my new nexus has not charged,i hate it.all I can do is look at the piece of crap and try the pin trick. wish me luck.lizz

That did it for me, thank you so much!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12