Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Can't Find Google Music Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Ballinger View Post
    So I downloaded some music from the Google Play store through my phone. I used the PlayStore app to purchase the song, but it doesn't show up in my library. Is that why? It can't be played in my PlayMusic music app? It shows up on my computer, but not my phone. I would think it would be accessible, as I'm using the official Google app, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Sync your music....
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.3
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.4

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

Yep.... ^^^^ Sync

Quote Originally Posted by tmaze View Post
    I just looked in data/data and have no "com.google.android.music/cache/music" (there is a folder for a recipe app) - but the music plays without wifi so it is there somewhere - using es file explorer. They have done an excellent job of bafflement.
    I think i found the path..../data/data/com.google.android.music/files/music

all the files have numbers in front of them .mp3 . I tried to copy one off of there to my physical SD card and to my computer and could NOT play them with either the native player or my desktops native player. Odd, right? are they encrypted now or something where they wont play by themselves?

So i've found my path:

sdcard0/Android/data/com.google.android.music/cache

Here is how I solved it. Pain in the *** btw. I downloaded the album or track from Google Play on my computer laptop. Then I used Google Drive on my computer to get it to my Samsung Galaxy S5. Then downloaded a copy off the google drive and bam it showed up in my Samsung Music App. I know one thing will never buy another Google Play music.

Lance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123