Can't Find Google Music Songs

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Alright, my problem is that I can't find where Google Music stored all my downloaded music.

I searched SD/Android/com.Google.music/cache; it's empty.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I've downloaded several items, and still don't see anything in that folder, and Poweramp isn't able to see anything but ringtones. What am I missing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I was going to suggest searching the artist from inside of whatever file manager you use.......BUT....I figured I'd try and my tbolt found couldn't find the cd I was searching for. The funny thing is that I know its on here because all my music apps find it and play it, but I have no idea where its stored???

And now this will bug me until I can find the directory......LOL.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I can only see Play Music downloaded items in Play Music. App info shows a cache of ~104 MB, which is about the right size for the album I downloaded. I just can't see the damned files!

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just did a full system search with es file explore for every MP3 file and it pulled all of them but know where I'n there was the song I downloaded. I would think they would be in android/data but I don't see them.

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing from the root directory and it found nothing. Is Play Music changing permissions on the files such that only the app itself can see them?

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Data/data/com.Google.android.music/cache/music

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

OK.....mine was here but not data/data.......it was in sd/data/.com.Google.android.music/cache/music. No artist attached to the file. File name is just a bunch of numbers for each track, but it does appear and play (with album art) properly.

Edit: sd/data/ANDROID/.com.google.android.music/cache/music. This was the directory.

Edit!! sd/android/data..........I had them backwords.

Last edited:

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
OK.....mine was here but not data/data.......it was in sd/data/.com.Google.android.music/cache/music. No artist attached to the file. File name is just a bunch of numbers for each track, but it does appear and play (with album art) properly.

Difference is u have a SD card us nexus users don't. They have to be on there somewhere as they do play while in airplane mode

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
From everything I read online they should be stored in that empty cache folder. Maybe a jelllybean issue ?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Nope... just checked the same thing on my SGS III... can't find 'em there either. It must be Play Music and/or ICS/JB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power